What a rookie move

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You all will love your 6 plus like I do. I never considered the 6.
I have yet to decide. I'll upgrade in January. I want the Plus, with the extra real estate and better camera, but will it fit my pockets? I don't have any cargo pants.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
So, I waited on line, overnight and after many hours, finally had my Iphone 6, 64 gig, silver and was absolutely happy, then, it happened. You guessed it, I saw a dude in the coffee shop with the 6 plus. Talked to him for a bit about it and he was just gitty over the size, screen, etc, etc. Suddenly I started to rethink my purchase of the 6. Did i make mistake? How could this be? Went back to the apple store and after an hour of comparisons between the two, I decided I had to have the plus. So I returned my 6 but now I am iphone less because trying to find a Iphone 6 plus for T-Mobile, 64 gig in silver is like trying to find a unicorn mounted by Sasquatch and Sasquatch is holding a leprechaun with a pot of friggan gold!!! Where can I find an iphone 6 plus??? :mad::mad::mad:

Good luck to you in your search. I too WAS waiting for my T-Mobile Plus but I ended up finding a brand new sealed 128GB on Craigslist for 1000.00 (only 50.00 markup). I was not planning on getting a 128GB but I knew that I would not find another for such a low markup as well as the fact that NOBODY has the T-Mobile 6+ anywhere. You are probably in for a wait unless you get luck like me or you decide to pay some fool 250-400 dollars more than retail!

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Good luck to you in your search. I too WAS waiting for my T-Mobile Plus but I ended up finding a brand new sealed 128GB on Craigslist for 1000.00 (only 50.00 markup). I was not planning on getting a 128GB but I knew that I would not find another for such a low markup as well as the fact that NOBODY has the T-Mobile 6+ anywhere. You are probably in for a wait unless you get luck like me or you decide to pay some fool 250-400 dollars more than retail!
Lol, yeah, T-Mobile has got nothing. I will just wait it out until it becomes a little bit more readily available. I'm not gonna pay more than what its worth that's for sure.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Nice idea! I preorded and have the unlocked 6+. I wonder how much they are going for. Using my moto x more.

Posted via my Moto X 2

The Plus 128GB is going for 1400-1700 and people ARE buying them at that. Nuts. I thought about selling mine for a BRIEF moment. I love my Plus, I see why people are clamoring for one!

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Swappa is a good replacement to look. I just bought my brand new iPhone 6 plus 128gb for 900. I know its a little much but I couldn't wait 4-6 weeks for mine when I ordered 3 days after launch. So when I finally get mine in the mail, I will sell it to recoup the costs.

That's cheaper than retail.

MUTigers

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I actually had ordered a 64gb space grey...not shipping until 2 more weeks. I walked into the Apple Store last night and bought a 128gb space grey.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The Plus 128GB is going for 1400-1700 and people ARE buying them at that. Nuts. I thought about selling mine for a BRIEF moment. I love my Plus, I see why people are clamoring for one!
I find it ridiculous that people can be so impatient about getting a new iPhone 6 Plus, that they're willing to pay $500 more. I'm waiting until January for my upgrade with Verizon, and don't mind doing it. It is "Nuts".

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I would have waited myself but I kind of got screwed by T-Mobile. I sold my iPhone 5S the day before launch. I called T-Mobile the evening of launch and was told they had Pluses in stock and that would be opening up at 8 AM. I arrived later in the evening and "camped out". At about 7 AM the manager came out and said there was no Pluses and that he was sorry. So I was without a phone and thought I would be okay in using this cheap 20.00 prepaid one I got but I found out quickly that lugging around my Macbook Pro was not practical and my supervisors started giving me crap about not being on top of my emails. 50.00 mark up was not bad. I would never pay 300+.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

I saw that! Crazy! I am going to sleep on it a night.

Posted via my Moto X 2

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So, I waited on line, overnight and after many hours, finally had my Iphone 6, 64 gig, silver and was absolutely happy, then, it happened. You guessed it, I saw a dude in the coffee shop with the 6 plus. Talked to him for a bit about it and he was just gitty over the size, screen, etc, etc. Suddenly I started to rethink my purchase of the 6. Did i make mistake? How could this be? Went back to the apple store and after an hour of comparisons between the two, I decided I had to have the plus. So I returned my 6 but now I am iphone less because trying to find a Iphone 6 plus for T-Mobile, 64 gig in silver is like trying to find a unicorn mounted by Sasquatch and Sasquatch is holding a leprechaun with a pot of friggan gold!!! Where can I find an iphone 6 plus??? :mad::mad::mad:

in the leprechauns hand :rotfl:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I find it ridiculous that people can be so impatient about getting a new iPhone 6 Plus, that they're willing to pay $500 more. I'm waiting until January for my upgrade with Verizon, and don't mind doing it. It is "Nuts".

Agree. There is no need to pay more for something that you really don't even need. I would wait before I paid more than you will pay for a brand new device.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys worry about buying from CL or Swappa? If someone uses Jump, Next, etc they could pocket your money and turn around and cancel their service or report the phone lost/stolen. It makes me real nervous.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys worry about buying from CL or Swappa? If someone uses Jump, Next, etc they could pocket your money and turn around and cancel their service or report the phone lost/stolen. It makes me real nervous.

That's why I was extremely cautious with my 6+ purchase. The guy I bought it from seemed to be pretty legit. Pulled up in an Mercedes SUV with 2 car seats in the back. Provided me with the Apple store receipt that showed he paid for it in full and gave it to me for my records. Also met me at a T-Mobile store so they could check it against any holds, etc. The phone was brand new and sealed. Opened it up right there.

I saved all email correspondence and I also have his address and phone in case something happens but I doubt that will happen. He was a genuinely nice guy.

I have in the past met up with people on CL for a phone buy and I have walked away when I got a bad vibe. As long as you are smart about CL then you should be fine. You can get great deals on there as long as you are careful. I think CL gets a bad rap over people who lack common sense. Like people who buy iPads from gas station parking lots then finding out the box is full of paper or a brick (lol, I shouldn't laugh but...).

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I personally know people who have gotten screwed on CL. I personally have not and done more deals on there then anyone I know. Honestly I think it's more of a common sense thing than anything else.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

Whats the point of that? They would still have to pay for the phone ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit