Wffi issues STILL

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I am STILL having wifi issues. Sometimes it's so bad, it will honest to God take down my router. And I know my router is down because my Nexus 7 and iPad and iPhone won't connect. And it's not my router, it's the same one I had with Mavericks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am STILL having wifi issues. Sometimes it's so bad, it will honest to God take down my router. And I know my router is down because my Nexus 7 and iPad and iPhone won't connect. And it's not my router, it's the same one I had with Mavericks.

Okay, so what do you think is the cause of your Wi-Fi woes? OS X Yosemite?

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the drop-off / disconnect issues that are reported on Yosemite (including 10.10.2) by others, but my Mac Air (Mid-2011) running OS routinely struggles to achieve any sort of speed on my home Wi-Fi service. I have a lightweight 6GB download ISP service and while my iPhone 4 and Nexus 7 may (through Speedtest) report an active download speed in the 5.7GB range, there are times when the Air - tested at the same time, at the same distance and line-of-sight - may struggle to reach 2.5GB.

Its not a consistent issue - aside from its almost always slower than the alternative Wi-fi devices - so it really can't be my service or my Wi-Fi. This does seem to be another issue as reported elsewhere, including Apple Support - so hopefully the next patches (sorry....'upgrades') will resolve this.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's the only thing I can narrow down. No problems at all, ever, until Yosemite.

I'm having a difficult time linking Yosemite to the cause of your overall Wi-Fi issues that are affecting your other devices., especially your router.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I still have the same exact issue that has plagued my MBPr since I bought it last March. When I close up the MacBook just to put it to sleep all is well. Obviously I don't expect for there to be WiFi connectivity, nor do I want there to be. But, when I open it back up and it wakes up, half the time it won't reconnect back to the router. Both at work and home. Different routers. I end up having to toggle wifi off and on again.

I just threw my hands up and gave up after the last update.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm having a difficult time linking Yosemite to the cause of your overall Wi-Fi issues that are affecting your other devices., especially your router.

Me too, but I can only tell you what happens. I might buy a new router here sometime soon and see if that helps.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Me too, but I can only tell you what happens. I might buy a new router here sometime soon and see if that helps.

Oh don't get me wrong. I believe you're having the issues you mentioned. Having said that, if the Yosemite is indeed causing problems all the way to the router level, will it do the same for your replacement router? I doubt that it affects all routers because I'm not having any issues with mine while running OS X Yosemite on my MacBook. Could it possibly be shorting out somewhere between your computer and the router, particularly if you're using an ethernet cable? What about the power cord? I'm basically thinking out loud here trying to make sense of the issue you're having.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Oh don't get me wrong. I believe you're having the issues you mentioned. Having said that, if the Yosemite is indeed causing problems all the way to the router level, will it do the same for your replacement router? I doubt that it affects all routers because I'm not having any issues with mine while running OS X Yosemite on my MacBook. Could it possibly be shorting out somewhere between your computer and the router, particularly if you're using an ethernet cable? What about the power cord? I'm basically thinking out loud here trying to make sense of the issue you're having.

I've already checked all the cables and they are good.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I think you are seeing two different issues and thinking they are the same. That router sounds defective, unless someone is actively running a DDoS attack on you.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods