Well I made it three weeks

PretzelLogic

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
I gave my iPhone 6 to my wife and bought a Galaxy S7. I actually love the phone, it is the perfect size, it's a quality device, but it is hopelessly hobbled by Android. I tried for three weeks, a week past my opportunity to return it, but in the end I went back to the AT&T store and bought an iPhone 6S.

I really missed iCloud Keychain, iMessage, Find My Friends, and the deep integration with my iPad and MacBook Pro. I noticed that Android apps like Chase Bank and Frontpoint Security also lack fingerprint integration like they have in iOS. Using Android for three weeks made me realize I was taking iOS for granted.

The S7's camera is excellent, better than the iPhone's in my opinion, and the 5.1 screen is the perfect size. So perfect that I am really feeling unsure about the 4.7" screen on this 6S. It seems miserably small now. I've been lurking on this forum for a bit reading, and trying to decide if I should turn this phone in for a 6S Plus. I have nine days left to make my decision.

The 5.5" screen is fine, but the overall size of the Plus is giving me pause. I went and held one at the AT&T store, it does fit in my pocket, but man it is big. Decisions decisions.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same exact boat. I also came from Android and a Note 5. I first went to a SE and felt it was a little too cramped for an everyday device, so I went out and got a 6s Plus. I'm on my first full week with it and love this phone so far.

The screen is big, beautiful and and there almost zero typing errors with the nice size keyboard. The size is a little big but the pros far outweigh the cons.

Last edited:

douceur1010

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the Plus and love it. Was debating between the 6s and 6s Plus when I bought, but have no regrets. The big screen is awesome and so is the phone and battery life. You'll get used to the size. I tried Android and returned it within a week. Once used to Apple products, very hard to like something else.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have no problems with the 6s Plus size. It fits all my pockets surprisingly well. But I'm not a one handed user. If you rely on one hand, you may find it difficult. But as far as portability goes, I see no issues.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a device with a screen size of 5.1" should make it easier to adjust to the 5.5" display size of the iPhone 6S Plus. It'll probably take you a few hours to get used to its size, in my opinion, and I doubt you'll regret getting it, especially if you've already determined that the display size of the iPhone 6S is too small.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm the opposite of you. I came from Android to Apple for the unified experience between all devices. I miss so many things about Android. However I am staying here for the ecosystem. I still have my Note 4 activated so all isn't lost.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Well after a full week with my 6s Plus, I'm sticking with it. The SE is now up for sale.

The 6s Plus is absolutely - 100% the best phone I've ever used. Every other phone I own will now go for sale.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well after a full week with my 6s Plus, I'm sticking with it. The SE is now up for sale.

The 6s Plus is absolutely - 100% the best phone I've ever used. Every other phone I own will now go for sale.
Good luck with the sales. Do you need android central market place?

Powarun

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I went from a Nexus 6 then to the Iphone 6s, and felt that the smaller phone was nicer. When I first had the Nexus the screen was awesome, it was big, it was almost everything I could ask for, then a few months went by and it just seemed like a burden to be in my pocket constantly. When i had the decision to downsize to the 6s or 6s plus, I chose the smaller model and didn't miss the screen estate too much and I was right. I miss the front facing speakers more.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
To the OP. Yeah the Plus is big. I'm a Note person who switched to the 6s plus and can say for sure the ergonomics on the iPhone 6s plus are poor. Compare it to the Note 5 which has a larger display in a much smaller and refined body that's lighter and more balanced.

The trick I have found is to purchase a thin grippy case and that helps with handling the 6s plus until Apple redesigns the next version.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well I went in last night and picked up a Plus. It is definitely not too big.

Congrats on your new 6s Plus. Which color did you get? I have the 6s Plus Space Gray and I luv it. I can't imagine going back to a smaller screen at this point. I really don't find the larger size iPhone cumbersome, but maybe I'm just use to the size coming from the 6 plus. When/if I put it in my designated right rear pocket, it fits with ease (I don't wear tight pants/slacks/jeans). Good Luck with your new iPhone

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've had my 6S Plus for 4 weeks on Saturday after 8 years with Android. My last Android phones were the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 6 P. I love my 6S Plus and have no immediate plans on returning to Android.