Welcome to the all-new iMore Forums! - Please report your bugs here!

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.... when you didn't wish me a happy birthday I saw it disappeared from my profile. Now I've got to wait another year to get that :( LOL :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Just_Me_D

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Oh no! If anyone hasn’t been included in my dail birthday posts and wants to be, pm me your birthday and I’ll add it to my
calendar. And if you don’t want me to include you, let me know and I’ll refrain from publicly sharing your birthday! ☺️

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Since the new Forum update, I notice many of us have lost details such as our reactions and like scores. Have even lost my Genius status!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It seems some of us have been demoted. I'm now nothing but an "active member". No "Genius" or "Ambassador" status. Just "active member".

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here... Don't see the Trusted Member and Ambassador next to my username that I had before the platform migration.

To me, it's no big deal. It's just a "nicety" that I had :)
Edit: That said, I do like the Well-known member :D

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
This seems trivial, but it seems like members birthdays haven’t migrated from the old platform.

Some will have and some won't have, it depends on what options were enabled on the previous profile. That's why you can find some older registered accounts with it listed and others do not. However, the default going forward is for "Show day and month of birth" and "Show year of birth" to be disabled for privacy reasons.

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Not sure of the plans for this stuff, but I can update as we go along :)

@Ed7789 I've updated yours too

The banners for Moderator, Ambassador, Champion and well, Banned have all been re-enabled.

Since the new Forum update, I notice many of us have lost details such as our reactions and like scores. Have even lost my Genius status!

Unfortunately, not everything is a 1:1 transfer from the old system to the new system. The older system used post count to assign level ups such as iMore Nanite, iMore Genius etc. The new system uses Trophy Points as rewards instead. As you signed in, you may have noticed you were awarded a few Trophies right away, that's from the calculations of your previous content, so it's not all "lost" just displayed different. We're looking at options to recognize folks with larger post counts since we know there was some title losses in the transition.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
The banners for Moderator, Ambassador, Champion and well, Banned have all been re-enabled.

Unfortunately, not everything is a 1:1 transfer from the old system to the new system. The older system used post count to assign level ups such as iMore Nanite, iMore Genius etc. The new system uses Trophy Points as rewards instead. As you signed in, you may have noticed you were awarded a few Trophies right away, that's from the calculations of your previous content, so it's not all "lost" just displayed different. We're looking at options to recognize folks with larger post counts since we know there was some title losses in the transition.
Thank you for the explanation :)

Reactions: Bla1ze

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Pretty smooth.
giphy.gif

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members