Weird volume issue

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm really not sure which forum to put this in because I'm not sure if it's an app bug, iOS 11.1 bug, or an iPhone X bug. I have the sound set to control volumes with the buttons. So if I'm at the homescreen for example it will control the ringer, if I'm playing a video or a game or music it controls the "media" volume or whatever you want to call it (same thing that the volume slider in control center seems to control in this mode).

After installing the Halide app last night I noticed on opening that the volume level UI box would pop up and increase from muted to having some volume. I figured it was some weird bug/feature of Halide but can't find anything about it. Then I noticed after closing the app in the switcher and fixing the volume sometimes I can lock then unlock my phone and if I check the volume slider in control center it's no longer muted again. This last time I noticed it I had left Google's Inbox app open.

Anyone have an idea on this or seeing similar behaviors?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm really not sure which forum to put this in because I'm not sure if it's an app bug, iOS 11.1 bug, or an iPhone X bug. I have the sound set to control volumes with the buttons. So if I'm at the homescreen for example it will control the ringer, if I'm playing a video or a game or music it controls the "media" volume or whatever you want to call it (same thing that the volume slider in control center seems to control in this mode).

After installing the Halide app last night I noticed on opening that the volume level UI box would pop up and increase from muted to having some volume. I figured it was some weird bug/feature of Halide but can't find anything about it. Then I noticed after closing the app in the switcher and fixing the volume sometimes I can lock then unlock my phone and if I check the volume slider in control center it's no longer muted again. This last time I noticed it I had left Google's Inbox app open.

Anyone have an idea on this or seeing similar behaviors?

Try the following:

1. Uninstall the app you initially mentioned.
2. reboot your iPhone.
3. check and see if the volume buttons work in the manner they should.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hmm hasn't done it since I fixed it a second time guess I'll monitor it. Now if I can get Fitbit to stop randomly logging out every day the last few days

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods