Weird screen problems on iPad Air 2, need advice

I

iMore Question

I turned on and reset my iPad Air 2, which was not being used for about three months and now the screen is strange.

Around six months ago I had some issues with ghost imaging which were fixed by turning it off for some days. However, these issues came back three months ago along with distorted colors so I stopped using it and backed up all my data. I decided to reset it today. When the reset screen with the apple logo appeared, instead of only white, the corners and sides appeared to be a very intense red color. Also, after this, the screen with "hello" in various languages also had this red border and when I rotated the screen, instead of black in the background, there was black with a bright blue border the same shape as the red borders.

Also, I noticed the ghost imaging and distorted colors for the first time three months ago, right after my sister was playing a game with bright colors on full brightness. This iPad is four years old, runs iOS 12 and there is a small dent on the corner to the right of the Home button (in portrait orientation.) which flattened the corner very slightly. There is no damage otherwise.

What should I do?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I would make an appointment at the local Apple store Genius Bar and have one of the Apple techs take a look at it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
First of all, hello and welcome to iMore. In regards to your question, I agree with @bakron1... I think an appointment at your local Apple Store is called for. If you don't have an Apple Store nearby, I'd contact Apple Support at 800–275–2273 or online

Also, when you get a chance, you might want to consider sign up with iMore so that we can continue to help you. Click here for instructions on how to register.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2