Weird Screen during restore?

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I just restored my iphone 3G to prep myself for going back to nonjailbroken when 3.0 comes out and I'm on the 3GS with 3.0 on the 19th. Initially my pineapple dev team screen came up, then a cartoon picture of a man (Jobs?) looking at me with a speech bubble that said some thing in Russian. It disappeared and the restore went normal after that. Is this normal and I am just not aware?

Last edited:

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I just did a google search about it. Apparently it is added with the pineapple boot logo when you jailbreak, and signifies it is in recovery mode. The russian words say either "hi" or "surprise." Interesting thing to happen.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I just restored my iphone 3G to prep myself for going back to nonjailbroken when 3.0 comes out and I'm on the 3GS with 3.0 on the 19th. Initially my pineapple dev team screen came up, then a cartoon picture of a man (Jobs?) looking at me with a speech bubble that said some thing in Russian. It disappeared and the restore went normal after that. Is this normal and I am just not aware?

That's normal. That screen comes up before the iPhone begins the restore process. Once restored to factory settings, you won't see it again.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I found out is completely normal. Just an interesting surprise the dev team decided to include when I jailbroke. It's interesting to look at my nonjailbroken iphone now, its been awhile since I've had a stock homescreen and keyboard.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remona94B9