Weird messaging glitch on iOS 10.2

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
This is actually happening on my 5C and my iPad air but sometimes I get one message notification on the lock screen sitting on top of another one and then when you swipe it to open it you can see the one underneath anyone else?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think I recall someone else with that issue. I haven't seen it on my 6s Plus. But I'm not on 10.2. I would connect to iTunes and restore as new. Not from a back up. Put a fresh copy of iOS 10.2 on it.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You can still set up as new. Go to settings, general, reset, erase all content and settings.

This will return your phone to standard and hopefully solve your problem.

There's no harm in restoring a backup and seeing if the problem has persisted or maybe just a fresh start with a restored backup will solve it.

If the problem remains after the restored backup you'll have to repeat the steps but set up as new and see if that solves the problem.

Good luck

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
You can still set up as new. Go to settings, general, reset, erase all content and settings.

This will return your phone to standard and hopefully solve your problem.

There's no harm in restoring a backup and seeing if the problem has persisted or maybe just a fresh start with a restored backup will solve it.

If the problem remains after the restored backup you'll have to repeat the steps but set up as new and see if that solves the problem.

Good luck

Yep thanks. I might just wait to see what 10.2.1 will do for it. They might even address it in the next update...

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Update correction, I'm still getting the notifications piling on top of each other and not spread out on the lock screen. Doesn't happen all the time maybe once a day.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Update correction, I'm still getting the notifications piling on top of each other and not spread out on the lock screen. Doesn't happen all the time maybe once a day.

Strange. I haven't seen that. How often do you see that? Is it happening on all notification or just iMessages?

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Strange. I haven't seen that. How often do you see that? Is it happening on all notification or just iMessages?

No it's so far on the lock screen that I can tell. Sometimes you'll slide on the message to open it and there will be another one right under it. Or when you get the banner alert on the top it won't match the one that you get on the screen below it. I think it happened a couple times on the iPad air also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2