Weird line under the right notch, any ideas?

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It disappears on the home screen, it’s only on the lock and mimics the swipe up bar. I’m at a loss...
04d00bd9f635ece046923f3517abc4d4.jpg

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I too have seen that but never thought to ask about it. You took the initiative to get an answer for both of us!

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that also in the last beta. Ug. No thanks. Pretty sure we can figure that one out without the ugly marker to hold our hands.

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
I’m using the beta too and I don’t agree with the line. I actually put that in my feedback app that it’s totally not necessary.

I agree with your disagreement. The bar/line is NOT necessary. Neither is the one at the bottom when you’re in an app. We don’t needed a reminder on how to get to the home screen. It’s like putting an arrow pointing us to the volume buttons or the power connector.

C’mon Apple.
Yes we’re silly enough to give you 1K+USD for a phone, but not so stupid we can’t remember how to get to the home screen or the control center.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess things like that do not bother me like it does other people. I mean, to me, the line is so faint to where I barely notice it, and even when I do notice it, I don’t give it a second thought. It doesn’t take away from how I view the iPhone X or iOS and it definitely doesn’t interfere with how I use the device. Still, I understand that not everyone thinks the same way I do.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess things like that do not bother me like it does other people. I mean, to me, the line is so faint to where I barely notice it, and even when I do notice it, I don’t give it a second thought. It doesn’t take away from how I view the iPhone X or iOS and it definitely doesn’t interfere with how I use the device. Still, I understand that not everyone thinks the same way I do.

This. :)

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Wait, hang on, the line remains on the screen ALL the time? I seriously hope not...

As was stated, it is only on the Lock Screen, or if you pull down it is on the Notification screen (since it is essentially the lock screen). If it was on every screen, I might understand the complaining but I don't see an issue with it showing up only on the lock screen.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Wait, hang on, the line remains on the screen ALL the time? I seriously hope not...

If you have control center enabled from the lockscreen it stays on the entire time. If not, it'll show up if the padlock on the lockscreen unlocks.

I think a lot of these small things are training wheels that Apple is implementing for people since this a new way of using iOS.