Weird issue with Screentime

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I noticed today that my screentime is showing I’ve been using my device for an average of 9+ a day for the past week. This is extremely inaccurate because I’m just not that attached. When I look at screentime more closely, it’s showing Amazon Prime Video is the culprit. What’s weird is I don’t even have that app downloaded on my phone, so I’m not sure how this is even possible. Has anyone else noticed anything like this with screentime?

3af273d775eb6d1fcfd2a98a3117896a.jpg

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If the app is not installed on your phone how does that happen? That’s weird.

Never heard of anything like that before.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Per Apple in regard to Screen Time, “If you turned on Share Across Devices, you can view overall usage across devices that are signed in with your Apple ID and password.”

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208982

That’s the answer I’ve been watching Forensic Files at night on my iPad & didn’t realize I had screen time set to share info across devices. I turned it off...Thanks, D

FYI...I’m not watch 8hrs of TV, I usually fall asleep to Peter Thomas’ voice (RIP) & turn it off in the morning*

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That’s the answer I’ve been watching Forensic Files at night on my iPad & didn’t realize I had screen time set to share info across devices. I turned it off...Thanks, D

FYI...I’m not watch 8hrs of TV, I usually fall asleep to Peter Thomas’ voice (RIP) & turn it off in the morning*

You’re very welcome, Nikki...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods