Weird emoji symbol..no idea where it come from

I

iMore Question

I've wiped my phone and this symbol has returned again, any ideas of how it randomly keep appearing? Looks like a capital "W" over a "m"
is there a way to post or attach a picture here?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Take a screenshot by pressing home + power button at the same time. Then if you have the tapatalk app you can use that to upload the picture(not sure if the iMore app can do this, never used it). Another way, is to upload the picture on your computer(email it to yourself, upload it to a cloud service like google drive or dropbox or w/e it is you do to transfer pics from phone to computer) then in the reply field of this site you can upload the picture directly from your computer.

Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 11.16.32 PM.png

Follow the screenshot to upload your pic here.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
yeah it's weird and freaking me out
I've had odd things happen too. Try turning emoji keyboard off in settings. Then turn it back on. Go to settings>General>Keyboard>Keyboards>Tap edit>delete emoji Then go to add keyboard and add it back. Or do a hard reset.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's the only place it's located and I've deleted the emoji keyboard and added it back and it's still there...

Where is it located in the emoji keyboard? It is only in "recently used", or is it somewhere else...meaning which tab on the bottom are you seeing it in?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
wow yes very similar ... I deleted the Chase app, and emoji keyboard..re added the keyboard and that creepy emoji still there
The "Recently used" section generally uses the First In First Out method. Try using other emoji until the odd one gets bumped off "Recents".

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The "Recently used" section generally uses the First In First Out method. Try using other emoji until the odd one gets bumped off "Recents".

Yea, that is what I was going to suggest if that is the only location it is being seen.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro