Weird Apple TV Issue

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I woke up this morning and my TV was turned on and had the screen asking what carrier or TV service I was using and ask me to sign in. I selected Direct TV, entered my password and it keeps says wrong ID and PW and I can’t even get the the main screen with the device settings???

I tried unplugging it and still only get the screen asking what carrier I am using. I am wondering if it automatically updated the unit to TV IOS 11 and this is a bug?

It was working just fine when I turn it off before I went to bed. I always long press the TV button and put it into sleep mode and it turns the TV off automatically.

I am stumped and I am going to try and reset the unit by connecting it to my iMac with the USB lighting cable and try to factory reset the unit through iTunes. Any help would be appreciated.

If this iTunes reset doesn’t work, looks like the Genius Bar at the Apple store option.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I figured it out and feel like an *****. The cable providers are on the top list and I was selecting Direct TV and I scrolled down in the bottom list and found Direct TV Now which is the service I use. Selected it and everything is back up and running.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizayoni