Weather App: Why do temperatures for ALL of my locations show 81F?

wamckay

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Recently switched from a 4 to a 5C, and with it the new ios. Everything's working fine, except for the default iPhone weather app. All of my cities - from Boulder CO to Puerto Escondido MX show a continuous temperature of 81 F.

What's up with this? These are clearly erroneous values (and please - the explanation is not found in normal variances of how temperatures are reported - I understand that phenomenon, and this isn't what's happening).

FYI, as a work around, I've downloaded the app from Weather Underground - it works fine, but I'm trying to limit the amount of external apps I have for storage reasons.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is the stock weather app able to use location services on your device? If not - do that... Is it set up to use cellular data? If not - do that... If the app seems stuck, it could be that there's a network connectivity issue between your cellular provider and TheWeatherChannel - which is where the stock app gets data.

wamckay

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
kch50428 - that sounds like a reasonable explanation, but how do you go into the stock weather app and make sure it is using location services? Usually when you download an app for the first time, you're prompted as to whether or not you let that particular app use your location in the future. But this particular app, as you know, just came with the phone/ios - or, I should say, it was transferred(?) over to my new phone from my old phone when I made the phone switch (and this was when the aforementioned issue arose).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro