Water Damage

Kastelot

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
So..
My iPhone 3G has been water damaged a month ago.
I disassembled it and dried it with a hair-drier.
The only thing that won't work is the touchscreen, even after replacing it.
Is there something else I can do? Fixing it with alcohol or something? Or should I sell the thing?
Maybe resetting it or other firmware related solutions? (the computer still recognizes it)

Thanks

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's fried unfortunately...some places offer repairs for water damage (which is actually in the circuitry, not necessarily the screen/digitizer). The cost of the repairs honestly are about the same as buying another 3G though (the prices for the 3G have dropped to the bottom now so they are pretty much the cost of an iPod Touch these days). Replace it with a 3GS for slightly more than it would cost for repairing that ancient 3G.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, i mean if it was a day or two ago i would say try the rice bag trick...but a month later, you can pretty much guarantee that thing is history. Can it be fixed? Sure...but it comes down to the price vs. the value, and that thing just has no value anymore. I think you can pick up an 8GB 3GS for like $150...looking online just for sh*ts and giggles, the price to repair water damage locally is $100. The $50 is well worth the upgrade to the 3GS in my opinion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh