WatchOS 3 and no dev account?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
In theory, if you can somehow obtain the Watch beta profile and install it... But... know that if something goes horribly wrong, you have to send the watch to Apple to unmuck it for you...

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! Never thought it would be that easy. Going for it, the watch is really something I can live without if anything goes wrong.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
There are sites that offer the wOS beta profiles. Assuming they can be trusted, my concern is:

1) after getting a purloined beta, will you be able to update the watch normally when wOS 3 is released? I updated to Yosemite Dev Beta way back and wasn't able to update to it proper when publicly released. As it was a test drive, it was nothing to nuke and pave.

2) And if the Watch was borked on 'street' beta and sent to Apple for resuscitation, would they say "uh, no, this is an unauthorized beta, you're not a dev and you're outta luck. Buh bye".

But I do envy all y'all who are rockin' the wOS betas!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There are sites that offer the wOS beta profiles. Assuming they can be trusted, my concern is:

1) after getting a purloined beta, will you be able to update the watch normally when wOS 3 is released? I updated to Yosemite Dev Beta way back and wasn't able to update to it proper when publicly released. As it was a test drive, it was nothing to nuke and pave.
The OP will be able to update the Watch when the official version is released unless the official version matches the version already on the device.

2) And if the Watch was borked on 'street' beta and sent to Apple for resuscitation, would they say "uh, no, this is an unauthorized beta, you're not a dev and you're outta luck. Buh bye".

They would still fix the problem, possibly for a fee.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Yes you can update to official from beta. And there is no such thing as authorized beta. Your watch doesn't even need to be registered on dev center to load it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR