• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

watchOS 11 is available

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Did Apple pull the update..?🥴
I’ve tried numerous times to update my watch to OS 11 and nada! It says I’m up to date on 10.6.1 🙄 my phone is on iOS 18, my watch is in the included category and I’ve done a reboot on my watch. I’m puzzled!

Any other suggestions? Yes, my WiFi is working with no issues.
d1e2d5b0072b06f4255370e4b41c6552.jpg

535dc637aa47e63e3c5422a0dca4a2ec.jpg

omg never mind 🤦🏻‍♀️ I was looking at the wrong list to verify what watches are included for the update and what’s not lol. Mine is the original SE version which is NOT included 🤷🏻‍♀️ oh well!

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I installed iOS 18 on my phone only because I really wanted this update. Mostly I want the ability to change my ring goals by day (I never do the same workouts every day, and have a set 7 day schedule that I follow). And I'm looking forward to the Training Load and Vitals reports. In fact, I am ill right now and got a Vitals notification this morning that my wrist temperature, breathing rate, and heart rate were all higher than normal (it said that perhaps I ill - yep, I know.) Still, I'm hoping that this will clue me in when I get ill in the future.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I installed iOS 18 on my phone only because I really wanted this update. Mostly I want the ability to change my ring goals by day (I never do the same workouts every day, and have a set 7 day schedule that I follow). And I'm looking forward to the Training Load and Vitals reports. In fact, I am ill right now and got a Vitals notification this morning that my wrist temperature, breathing rate, and heart rate were all higher than normal (it said that perhaps I ill - yep, I know.) Still, I'm hoping that this will clue me in when I get ill in the future.
I installed OS 11 last night. I see where you can change ring goals for today or for every day. I don’t see where they can be changed by day. In other words, potentially a different goal for each day depending on your workout routines.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
WatchOS 11 has been horrible for battery life on my Watch SE. Significantly worse. I charge every 48 hours. I had been going from 100% to 32% in 48 hours. Now it's 100% to 16%. I've seen others complain about this on Reddit.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I installed OS 11 last night. I see where you can change ring goals for today or for every day. I don’t see where they can be changed by day. In other words, potentially a different goal for each day depending on your workout routines.
Fitness app on the phone. Open the rings by tapping the tile. Tap the +/- control to the right of move. Tap "change schedule". Then I think you tap "Schedule" top-right to set different daily move goal schedules.

IMG_0729.jpeg

Reactions: EdwinG and tcuprof

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh, you can also do it on the watch. Open the activity app. Go to the move ring (or I think exercise or stand ring if you want to have daily schedules for those.) Hit the +/- control on the bottom-right, next to your total for the day.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
WatchOS 11 has been horrible for battery life on my Watch SE. Significantly worse. I charge every 48 hours. I had been going from 100% to 32% in 48 hours. Now it's 100% to 16%. I've seen others complain about this on Reddit.
Must be something going on vs 10.x. I've had it for a week now so any background post update stuff should be finished but the battery life on my 1st gen Ultra has taken a noticeable dive. Use to go about 48 hours and be around 10-15% or so now it's hitting 10% about 6-7 hours early on average sometimes earlier. Happened as soon as I installed.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It's been a week, and no change. Still guzzling battery.
And today, I ended the day at 17% where it would have been 55% just two weeks ago. 😢

Edit: I will note the same situation for watchOS 9 when connected to a iOS 18 phone. It might be iOS.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok