Watch Series 4 ECG App Has Stopped Working

Peaceful_Moi

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
About 2 weeks ago my AWS4 ECG app stopped working. The app initializes, but then does not respond properly to the touch on the digital crown. Instead it pauses, draws a few wild graph lines, and then resets back to 30 SEC.

Apple Support says it is a hardware issue which they could repair for $299, since the AWS4 is now out of warranty (1.5 years.)

I'm thinking of getting a new AWS5 (good sales on now), but wonder if there might be any other options?

I might mention that this is the first Apple product that my household has owned that has had an apparent failure, so I am feeling money well ahead overall, never having purchased Apple Care....

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My wild guess is that Apple is right. I don't think that there are any reliable third party repair options.

You should see if they will let you trade in the S4 for credit.

Peaceful_Moi

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks so much for your thought. The Apple web site rejects the serial number, so they have already stopped its return for credit on a new watch.

However, my thought is now that this could be my nighttime (sleep monitoring) watch, and a new AWS5 could be my daytime watch.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks so much for your thought. The Apple web site rejects the serial number, so they have already stopped its return for credit on a new watch.

However, my thought is now that this could be my nighttime (sleep monitoring) watch, and a new AWS5 could be my daytime watch.

That’s what I would do if I were you! I have a stainless steel series 4 that still works perfectly, but I bought a Nike edition series 5 a month or so ago. I got it because it was on sale at Best Buy.

Peaceful_Moi

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the unpair and repair process, but the ecg app did not improve. But I'm glad that I tried this possible approach.

The new AWS5 will be here today, so I'm looking forward to having two Apple Watches to use.....

Peaceful_Moi

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
The always-on display is nice - a worthwhile addition - as is the compass app, making the Series 5 about as perfect a watch/accessory that I can imagine. I could not be more satisfied!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I am so glad that you were pleased with your series 5 and I’m glad that it worked out to your satisfaction.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh