Watch Series 2 > Series 5 setup

jfusco

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using an Apple Watch Series 2 and have a Series 5 that should be delivered tomorrow. The Series 2 has had problems interacting with the phone for a while now. For instance, it won't run shortcuts and when I use Siri to add an item to a reminders list it struggles, tells me it can't do it, then the item appears anyway.

My questions is are these problems going to follow me to the Series 5 if I import the settings from backup? Or should I set it up as a new watch?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am currently using an Apple Watch Series 2 and have a Series 5 that should be delivered tomorrow. The Series 2 has had problems interacting with the phone for a while now. For instance, it won't run shortcuts and when I use Siri to add an item to a reminders list it struggles, tells me it can't do it, then the item appears anyway.

My questions is are these problems going to follow me to the Series 5 if I import the settings from backup? Or should I set it up as a new watch?

You should set it as new anyway. I have found that there is too little things to set and adjust after setting up a watch.
In the worst case scenario you’ll be able to simply look at the other series 2 Watch and copy the Settings and other stuff you like to keep.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner