Watch Pairing

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I have an Phone xR running 16.2 and a new AW 6. I am trying to set up this watch on my phone. However, during the prompts when it asks to sign in with your Apple ID, another ID appears on the phone. I don't use this ID anymore.

On phone, I am signed in to everything using my current ID which is different than the old one.

How do I fix it?

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have an Phone xR running 16.2 and a new AW 6. I am trying to set up this watch on my phone. However, during the prompts when it asks to sign in with your Apple ID, another ID appears on the phone. I don't use this ID anymore.

On phone, I am signed in to everything using my current ID which is different than the old one.

How do I fix it?

On the sign in screen at the bottom, does it say “Sign in with a different Apple ID” ?

When you say new Apple Watch, do you mean you bought it at an Apple Store and it was new in a sealed box, or do you mean relatively new ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you’re unable to input your current Apple ID over the one displayed then I’m getting the impression the Watch is locked to your previous Apple ID and that the watch is not new.

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. On the phone, I must have used a different ID at one time in the past. On the phone, when I am at the prompt "Signing in to your account...." it shows the ID but I don't have option to sign into a different account. The only option is "enter password or forget password" to that ID.

The Watch is brand new and sealed. This is the first time of pairing the Watch to this phone. I am not sure how it could be locked to a different ID.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That is perplexing! Did you order the Watch directly from Apple? Either way, I'm thinking that a call to Apple Support is in order.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. On the phone, I must have used a different ID at one time in the past. On the phone, when I am at the prompt "Signing in to your account...." it shows the ID but I don't have option to sign into a different account. The only option is "enter password or forget password" to that ID.

The Watch is brand new and sealed. This is the first time of pairing the Watch to this phone. I am not sure how it could be locked to a different ID.

(1)we know a brand new, out of the box Apple Watch would not be previously paired. (2) The iPhone you are using is currently signed into your Apple/ICloud account. (3) After you start pairing the Watch to the iPhone, it IPhone auto fills with an AppleID you “must have used a different AppleID at one time”.
-unpair the Watch from your iPhone.
-enter the PIN code on the watch.
-Tap Settings
-Tap General
-Tap Reset
-Tap Erase All Content and Settings
-Tap Erase All

Retry the pairing process over again. Important note, this reset does not remove activation lock. If the watch was a previously owned-private sale and the watch never had activation lock removed before selling to you, immediately contact the seller and have them remove activation lock or refund your money. iPhones, iPads, watches going from part A to party b where party a never removes activation lock? Party b now has an expensive paperweight. It may seem stringent but it makes stolen devices near worthless unless someone buys it without knowing about activation lock.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh