Watch out: Switch scams abound

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Apparently there are a bunch of 3rd-party sellers on Amazon and other sites offering discounted Switch hardware. DON'T FALL FOR IT! I did :redface:

If you know of other sites with scam Switch sales, alert others here!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yikes!

If it's too good to be true, it probably is. No way anyone is offering discounted Switch hardware when most can't get it at retail.

Pizzahutxbox

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Yeah lots of scams on amazon, for many products too, especially the ones that have very abnormal low prices, like 10$ for an iphone.. they ship a rock in a box and disappear before you know it.

diegohv

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if Amazon has any quality filter to allow this type of sellers? I think this would avoid many scams.

Robert Newman4

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Amazon is not good at blocking this kind of thing. There are a lot of counterfeit goods on Amazon. I no longer trust them as a marketplace. Be very cautious.

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Speaking of amazon sellers ripping people off, be SUPER careful about buying screen protectors! One of my friends bought one and after telling me how "thin" and "invisible" it was and "you can't even tell it's there!" Realized there ACTUALLY wasn't anything there! They scammed him!

elims35

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
This is a great point! Can the return policies of these scammers be relied upon or enforced by Amazon or does Amazon have no way/responsibility to enforce these?

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Also keep your eyes peeled: Nintendo Japan is selling Splatoon 2 bundle *boxes only* for a few bucks. Seems like that's just begging people to sell boxes full of bricks :(

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
hehe, I don't think they're intentionally trying to promote scamming. To be honest, I don't know why they're selling them, but it seems like some less scrupulous people will use it for scamming.