Was thinking about switching to the Note 3 but....

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
This thing has everything I need and then some. Why do I always talk myself into and out of owning phones I like! Ahhh! I keep going over it in my head and thinking well I love this about the Note but blah blah. Long story short, I love the camera, iMessage, music player, and general lack of lag this phone has. Staying iOS for now. Anyone else racking their brain over this?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This thing has everything I need and then some. Why do I always talk myself into and out of owning phones I like! Ahhh! I keep going over it in my head and thinking well I love this about the Note but blah blah. Long story short, I love the camera, iMessage, music player, and general lack of lag this phone has. Staying iOS for now. Anyone else racking their brain over this?

Nope LOL been happy about coming back to iOS since last year.

The Moto X has my interest piqued but I'm not jumping.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I had the X and while it was nice it has some huge disadvantages. The speaker was pretty bad quality wise though it was very loud, the headphone jack had the same issue without being loud and the proximity sensor seemed to be off on both units I had. I would randomly hit buttons while on the phone with my ear or cheek, very annoying.

BillBerry

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried one for a few days over the weekend and ended up returning it on Monday and went back to a 5S. I've had an iPhone since the day they were available and thought the N3 would be the phone that took me away from iOS but I was wrong.

The N3 is big, but felt comfortable in hand and wasn't too bad in the pocket either. Much better than the N2 when trying to use it one handed. It took a little adjusting when coming back to the 5S even only after a few days. The iPhone just felt tiny.

One of the big deal breakers for me was build quality. While it has come along nicely when compared to the S3 &S4, it still felt cheap. My N3 had gaps around the screen and the home button was loose and crooked. Coming from the iPhone and every one that I have owned has been flawless, those issues kinda stood out.

I also didn't find the battery life to be that impressive. While it is better than most Android phones I have tried, it still wasn't anything special. For my uses, I'd put it on par with my 5S.

If you could look past the possibility of build quality issues, the size doesn't bother you, and you are ok with Touchwiz, it's a great Android phone. For me however, the iPhone still hits the sweet spot between size, build quality, and functionality. I'm glad to be back even if it was only for a few days.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I did this last year with the note 2. I added a line. The note was nice at first but then it got slow. It got really, super slow. So like every android user has to do at some point, I had to go to a forum and get advice on how to fix it. While they were helpful, their tips didn't work. I got called a noob because I didn't want to root just to make the phone I paid money for, work.

Why is every android problem solved by rooting? Why do I have to do so much extra just to make the phone work normally? I had to constantly manage the CPU, running apps, and battery. I had enough. No amount or restores would fix anything. It sits on my dresser now with the battery out of it. After that experience I don't think I'll ever try android again.

I'll probably put a 5C on that line so I can test betas and just have a back up phone. Sorry for my rant.

KoukiFC3S

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I did this last year with the note 2. I added a line. The note was nice at first but then it got slow. It got really, super slow. So like every android user has to do at some point, I had to go to a forum and get advice on how to fix it. While they were helpful, their tips didn't work. I got called a noob because I didn't want to root just to make the phone I paid money for, work.

Why is every android problem solved by rooting? Why do I have to do so much extra just to make the phone work normally? I had to constantly manage the CPU, running apps, and battery. I had enough. No amount or restores would fix anything. It sits on my dresser now with the battery out of it. After that experience I don't think I'll ever try android again.

I'll probably put a 5C on that line so I can test betas and just have a back up phone. Sorry for my rant.

Android 4.3 should fix this slowness issue with its TRIM feature.

I got my 5s last week and I was debating getting the Note 3 instead. However the Note has a lot of useless features I'd never use so I went with the 5s.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I got my 5s last week and I was debating getting the Note 3 instead. However the Note has a lot of useless features I'd never use so I went with the 5s.

That might be true, but know that the note 3 won't get updated right away, or at all. The android phone to have is a nexus.

sandy the game

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
don't get note 3 as it having many many issue- getting hot, random restart, even lags dont have any issues in Iphone 5 hope its the same in Iphone 5s or 5c

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Why is every android problem solved by rooting? Why do I have to do so much extra just to make the phone work normally? I had to constantly manage the CPU, running apps, and battery. I had enough. No amount or restores would fix anything.

My Nexus 4 was running official 4.3 release. It was still slow and lag-tastic, and plagued with wake lock issues that demolished battery life. I too, was constantly pushed by the community to root and ROM my device.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 4 was running official 4.3 release. It was still slow and lag-tastic, and plagued with wake lock issues that demolished battery life. I too, was constantly pushed by the community to root and ROM my device.

Wow that's ridiculous. I had nexus 4 briefly. Thought it was the most boring device I ever owned. Sat on my shelf for awhile. Ended up giving it to my sister a month after I bought it.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
don't get note 3 as it having many many issue- getting hot, random restart, even lags dont have any issues in Iphone 5 hope its the same in Iphone 5s or 5c

Have you owned the note 3? Looking at the android central forums for the device it appears that most of the users love their Note 3? I played with one and didn't notice any lag at all. Overall seemed like a solid device. Personally I'll stick with the iOS because of OS preference. And the feeling of the device in my pocket.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Of all the android phones I tried the Note 2 was my favorite. I actually held on to it longer than the others. That's not saying a lot as it was still only about 3 months. I like a lot of things about the Note line of phones. I actually used the S pen a lot. Way more than I thought I would. I never had any lag issues either. It actually worked really well. The size did bother me at times though. I ended up trying the S4 after that and eventually came back to iOS. While there are things I really like about The Note line, I love my iPhone. It does what I need and does it well. Not to mention it fits well in the hand and pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

maryjane2300

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the htc one and my iPhone 5s 64gb. I still think the htc one is the best android phone on the market. I also tried the note 3 last week and it's just too big for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you owned the note 3? Looking at the android central forums for the device it appears that most of the users love their Note 3? I played with one and didn't notice any lag at all. Overall seemed like a solid device. Personally I'll stick with the iOS because of OS preference. And the feeling of the device in my pocket.

Same as every android device, they lag and crash and stop functioning properly about 6 months after you buy it. As a plus, since its a Samsung it'll stop charging in about a year, right after you warranty expires.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That thing is too damn big for me. Period. I can't wait for the rumored iPhone 6 that is allegedly to be 4'8 inches or something like that.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Lol- see newest thread by the ubiquitous Sekelani, now moved to the other OS and devices forum...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Lol- see newest thread by the ubiquitous Sekelani, now moved to the other OS and devices forum...

Nah, don't read this thread. Thinking about, or even buying another device instead of the iPhone is a perfectly awesome thing...having a choice and getting what works best for you is what any of us would want for you or anyone on this forum. That thread doesn't represent an honest person's interest in another device, or even an honest opinion on another device that is owned...that thread represents a big pile of dung.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Last Dec when the N2 came out I considered it, only because (i thought) I wanted a larger screen for my eyes not doing well. I checked it out and I felt was too big for me...I'm a petite person and I like one handed use with my device. When the S4 came out I then considered it because again the screen size was bigger. I didn't jump on anything...I carefully calculated my needs and wants as far as how my device works for ME. It came down to the fact that I would not be happy on an android device because how I use my 4S works perfectly for ME. I use reading glasses to see the screen better and this solves my vision dilemma.

The only huge dilemma I have now is whether or not to give up my 4S and move onto the 5C....but that's hard to do when my 4S is flawless on how it works for me :) so (still) I'm not jumping to purchase the next iPhone yet

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro