Wanted Matte Black...but settled for Silver?

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I alternate between black and white faces. This year it was time for a white face. Although both blacks are beautiful to me, I went with silver. Next year I'll probably go back to the black face...or not...silver is my favorite color!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Is there anybody here who really wanted a matte black 7-Plus...but settled on a silver model because of availability?

How do you like the silver/white color now?

i was entering a competition earlier this week and we were given the option to either have a Sliver or Matte Black iPhone 7. In my eyes there is nothing wrong with the Silver and i obviously would purchase it if there was no other colours available, but its just been around for so long and i would rather have something fresh and new.. :)

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
There are no known concerns over the Matte Black with fingerprints and/or scratching. It's the Jet Black you're referring to, the glossy / shiny one.

You're absolutely right. Had a brain freeze. I was anxious to see and possibly get the Jet Black. Not so much now.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I had ordered a matte black, but gold was a close second. So when I found a gold in stock at the Apple Store, it wasn't a difficult decision to cancel the matte black and take the gold. Color isn't much of a concern to me anyway. I do have a clear case but I mostly carry my phone in my Apple black leather case.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I originally had a silver 7 Plus but I just couldn't get over the fact that it wasn't black. My last several iPhones were silverI?I like the color a lot?but the black is really sharp. I ended up babysitting the Apple Store availability web site and trading my silver in for black as soon as I found one.

miumui

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I had ordered a matte black, but gold was a close second. So when I found a gold in stock at the Apple Store, it wasn't a difficult decision to cancel the matte black and take the gold. Color isn't much of a concern to me anyway. I do have a clear case but I mostly carry my phone in my Apple black leather case.

That's what I'm tossing between - the black and the gold. Like you say, it's going to be in the casing.. Maybe if I want to change the face, I can just get a full screen protector..

Tech_User16

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Same with me. Wanted the 256GB 7 Plus in Matte Black but it was out. The only one I could get was Gold. Or Rose Gold. So I went with the Gold. It didn't have the radio bands I wanted inside so I returned it. With this device costing as much as it does I want to the piece of mind those extra bands cover (cdma and other). So after a week of using my 6s Plus I was able to get the device I wanted. Matte Black 7 Plus with the storage and radio bands I wanted.

I would recommend waiting the little bit if you can to get the device you really want. The color for the most part isn't a big deal to me. But with the glossy black showing micro marks that's a no-go. Don't care for the Rose Gold either. Cases. I use them. But the remark about the device being covered doesn't apply to me. My cases are almost always clear and see through. I like having my device protected and seeing it in full.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Given all the concerns with the blacks in terms of fingerprints, scratches, etc. I am rethinking waiting to get one. Silver would be my third choice, but maybe the right one. I'll probably have a damn case on it most of the time, so it may not matter.

My phone is in a case also, but I wanted to get a black phone for the face plate. That is the most important aspect for me. Personally the hard lines that the screen has on a white phone bug me.

anon(124566)

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Is there anybody here who really wanted a matte black 7-Plus...but settled on a silver model because of availability?

How do you like the silver/white color now?

I settle and I have no complaints. The phone is always in an otterbox defender, it does not show too "skin." I'm glad I did get the 7 plus, compared to the 6 plus speed increase was necessary.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Funny thing for me was that I was bored with the white face iPhones so I ordered matte black. Previously owned a silver 6 plus and a rose gold 6s plus. Had a black 7 while I was waiting for my black 7 plus to come and found that I missed the white face. When I found a gold plus in stock at a local Apple Store, I cancelled the black and have had no regrets.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a silver and white 6s and "love love love" it! And, FWIW, if I were to chose between the jet black and the matte black, I'd go with the matte black.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I essentially went and got a silver/white model....But just couldnt do it... Finally found a Matte Black 256gb at a local sams club and purchased. And extra plus is that all of their phones are at A1661 models so mine is already fully unlocked as well.

I just got my 256GB iPhone 7 Plus from Best Buy to use in Verizon. The box says it's "A1661" - so that's a good thing?

jerrykur

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I originally had a silver 7 Plus but I just couldn't get over the fact that it wasn't black. My last several iPhones were silverI—I like the color a lot—but the black is really sharp. I ended up babysitting the Apple Store availability web site and trading my silver in for black as soon as I found one.

Did they charge you anything to swap?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox