want to put 3gs in dfu with broken lock button? :(

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
i have an iPhone 3gs that i want to put in dfu to downgrade but my lock button is broken so i wondering if there was anyway to put an iPhone 3gs into dfu mode without using the lock button but my home button works fine

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
thanks will get back to you if this doesn't work if i don't reply it's worked for which i thank you lots!!

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
there is only a 'just enter owned DFU mode' which still requires the lock button anyboy else have a way to put an iPhone 3gs with a mac in dfu mode

jkadaver

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a iPod touch 1 Gen with a similar problem stuck on iPhone OS 3.0 ( JB ). The home button is broke. I use a button from the top bar sipe menu added from cydia. I want to update to 3.1.3 the last OS for that device. But can't do DFU no reaction from Home button.

wHoKares

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Sadly this is a problem many iDevice owners are suffering, up untill the present there still hasn't been a fool proof way to put your device into dfu without the menu button, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. hopefully you can get it fixed.

Back In The Game

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Have not had the chance to check this yet, so I don't know it works or not.
Taking from funkyspacemonkey com

As you know, to get into DFU you must press the two buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, but some times one of the two buttons will break. An alternative to jailbreak without having to go into the DFU mode is to use Blackra1n. However, if the iPhone freezes and you need to restore the firmware to do it again, this guide will come back again very useful.

What you need:

original Apple firmware
BetterZip on Mac or WinZip on Windows (or something similar, your choice)

How to do it:

1. Create a copy of the original apple firmware and change the file extension from .ipsw to .zip

2. Unpack the .zip file to view its content. Navigate to Firmware > all_flash

3. Inside you will get two folders ( all_flash.m68ap.production and all_flash.n82ap.production ) and both of them will contain various files. The ones you are interested in are:

LLB.m ** ap.RELEASE.img3
applelogo.xxx.img3

NOTE: asterisks stands for 68 or 82 ? depending on the folder. ?xxx? is a different number for each device.

4. Delete the LLB.m ** ap.RELEASE.img3 file in both folders and rename the applelogo.xxx.img3 file to LLB.m ** ap.RELEASE.img3

5. Save everything and rename the file back from .zip to .ipsw

6. Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your computer, open iTunes and click the ?Restore? button while holding down the Alt key if you?re using Mac (Shift key if you?re on Windows).Now browsed for the modified .ipsw and restore your device with it.When iTunes is done restoring your device with the custom firmware, your iPhone/iTouch will load directly into the DFU mode and now you can restore with a custom jailbreak firmware.

So basically what you are doing here is, making LLB (which is not there) invalidate iBoot which causes it to go into a DFU loop.

Mckenzie500

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Have not had the chance to check this yet, so I don't know it works or not.
Taking from funkyspacemonkey com

As you know, to get into DFU you must press the two buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, but some times one of the two buttons will break. An alternative to jailbreak without having to go into the DFU mode is to use Blackra1n. However, if the iPhone freezes and you need to restore the firmware to do it again, this guide will come back again very useful.

What you need:

original Apple firmware
BetterZip on Mac or WinZip on Windows (or something similar, your choice)

How to do it:

1. Create a copy of the original apple firmware and change the file extension from .ipsw to .zip

2. Unpack the .zip file to view its content. Navigate to Firmware > all_flash

3. Inside you will get two folders ( all_flash.m68ap.production and all_flash.n82ap.production ) and both of them will contain various files. The ones you are interested in are:

LLB.m ** ap.RELEASE.img3
applelogo.xxx.img3

NOTE: asterisks stands for 68 or 82 ? depending on the folder. ?xxx? is a different number for each device.

4. Delete the LLB.m ** ap.RELEASE.img3 file in both folders and rename the applelogo.xxx.img3 file to LLB.m ** ap.RELEASE.img3

5. Save everything and rename the file back from .zip to .ipsw

6. Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your computer, open iTunes and click the ?Restore? button while holding down the Alt key if you?re using Mac (Shift key if you?re on Windows).Now browsed for the modified .ipsw and restore your device with it.When iTunes is done restoring your device with the custom firmware, your iPhone/iTouch will load directly into the DFU mode and now you can restore with a custom jailbreak firmware.

So basically what you are doing here is, making LLB (which is not there) invalidate iBoot which causes it to go into a DFU loop.

Thanks for sharing such an informative post.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods