• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Want to buy a used one. What should i be looking for?

lorin.bute

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I want to buy a used iPad today and i want to ask you what should i be looking for when checking it out?

Of course i'll be looking for physical damage, but what else should i check to see if it works?

Thanks.

mommyrabs

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
hi i guess you should be looking for scratches on the screen, and check all the applications if they work
I have one for sale that i bought u are welcome to look at it and see if it fits your needs, i bought it a the apple store alittle over a year ago, it works perfectly, its ipad 3 with wifi 16 gb and i bought it for 5 19 plus tax, i am selling it for 350, plus you can have the silicone cover for free, my parents just gifted me a new one so i dont need it anymore.
let me know if you are interested.
thanks

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I want to buy a used iPad today and i want to ask you what should i be looking for when checking it out?

Of course i'll be looking for physical damage, but what else should i check to see if it works?

Thanks.

On any device (iPhone/iPad/iPod) running iOS 7, make sure that there’s no activation lock engaged. That is a feature that Apple put into iOS 7 to assist with blocking stolen devices from being reused without authorization. If you are being prompted to enter the iCloud password for the existing user BEFORE it allows you to access/activate the device, RUN the other way. There is no way around this activation lock, and if you bought one with no recourse against the seller, you just bought a paperweight.

The original iPad, iPhone 3GS (and earlier) and iPod Touch generation 4 (and earlier) are not capable of running iOS 7... but on anything newer than these, beware. Caveat emptor.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman