Walkie Talkie Notification Persists!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey all - strange question...

Recently tried/setup the Walkie Talkie feature with my wife. Thought we'd give it a try. Kinda cool.

All good, but now whenever I look at my watch, the walkie talkie icon appears for a second at the top of my display, then disappears. Not a huge deal but kind of annoying.

Know of any way to disable that?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey all - strange question...

Recently tried/setup the Walkie Talkie feature with my wife. Thought we'd give it a try. Kinda cool.

All good, but now whenever I look at my watch, the walkie talkie icon appears for a second at the top of my display, then disappears. Not a huge deal but kind of annoying.

Know of any way to disable that?

Whenever Walkie Talkie is enabled, your watch will let you know that you’ve made yourself available on Walkie Talkie.
To get rid of that icon you will have to make yourself unavailable.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

You can't hide the icon without disabling the feature. If you want to turn walkie talkie off, scroll up from the watch face and find the icon:

IMG_6532.png

Then tap the icon and the feature will be off.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Another benefit of leaving it disabled is that there is less battery drain on the Watch!

Good to know. I had that yellow dot peek at me for a second every time I looked at my Watch. Very annoying.

Eventually it went away, through no action of my own that I know of. But it's good to know what to do.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use it periodically with my sister. My nephew is getting a watch for his birthday in a couple of days so we may use it too. We are going to be traveling together later this spring and I’m really looking forward to using it then. I’ll be easier than texting or calling on the phone.

Last edited:

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
My ex and I had it set up on our watches but it never functioned properly so we never used it. I just gave my son my series 3 since I got a 4 and it worked between us no issue. Not sure we would use it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2