Vote on when the iPhone 5 is coming out

When will the next gen iPhone be released?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
It frustrates me because I, like many iPhone 4 owners, didn't upgrade to the 4S because we assumed that this pushback was because of the Japan tsunamis and supply issues, and that the iPhone 5 was still on schedule for a June 2012 release. I honestly think the prototypes we saw last october and the fake cases were from real prototypes, I think the iPhone 5 has probably been ready since last october. No point in waiting till October 2012 to release it. For people that got the iPhone 4 on release date, this is going on almost 2.5 years without a new design. I realize this is almighty Apple we're talking about, but still. Sheesh.

Why frustrated? Just wait till June 11th for announcement and pre-order on June 22nd for June 29th delivery ! :D;)

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Considering WWDC in June is another iOS event, you can throw the June/July release out the window. Need time to beta test the OS before it goes live to the public. When this thread started back in December I said fall. Still appears that way.

That doesnt make sense at all. Go and check the previous iPhone releases. Every single one besides 4S was announces in June and they were all released within 2-3 weeks after announcement.
The iOS that went along with all those released went just fine with the beta testing within 1 month to two.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Why frustrated? Just wait till June 11th for announcement and pre-order on June 22nd for June 29th delivery ! :D;)
I don't think so... October 12th. Because it's 20 months after the Verizon iPhone4 launched, and that huge customer base that bought on 2 year contracts will be eligible to renew again.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't think so... October 12th. Because it's 20 months after the Verizon iPhone4 launched, and that huge customer base that bought on 2 year contracts will be eligible to renew again.

Apple has never cared about contract and elegibility in the past ! They released an iPhone every year while knowing that everyone is under 2 year contract.
That huge custome base your talking about weren't even 9 months done with their iPhone 4 VZ contract when 4S was released ;)

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Been that long? Wow this is the longest I have kept a phone. I got mine like a month after it came to Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple has never cared about contract and elegibility in the past ! They released an iPhone every year while knowing that everyone is under 2 year contract.
That huge custome base your talking about weren't even 9 months done with their iPhone 4 VZ contract when 4S was released ;)

The 4S was not a major release... this next iPhone is... LTE, etc.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
The 4S was not a major release... this next iPhone is... LTE, etc.

According to YOU 4s wasn't a major release. According to Apple and overall sales , I'd say 4S was a major release. Point is , Apple never worried about how far in your contract you are. They know they will sell no matter when they release the next iProduct. Besides if Apple releases the new iPhone this June both AT&T and Verizon will have some early upgrade options ;)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
According to YOU 4s wasn't a major release. According to Apple and overall sales , I'd say 4S was a major release. Point is , Apple never worried about how far in your contract you are. They know they will sell no matter when they release the next iProduct. Besides if Apple releases the new iPhone this June both AT&T and Verizon will have some early upgrade options ;)

I'm going to go with what the people running iMore have said they've found out and not take your word for it... I firmly believe my prediction - and I also firmly believe you know far less than you think I do.

Have a nice day!! :D

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to go with what the people running iMore have said they've found out and not take your word for it... I firmly believe my prediction - and I also firmly believe you know far less than you think I do.

Have a nice day!! :D

You think you know more than you do ;)
Imore knows as much as the rest of us. All rumors. However the fact I stated isnt just what I know. With a little research even YOU could get some knowledge that 4S was in fact a a major release. A dual processor with faster speed , better camera and Siri plus the sales = major release.
And another simple fact I stated : Apple never cares about people's contracts and early upgrade options.

As far as guessing when they release it , it's all nothing but GUESSING ;) so unclench and just have some fun. :)

Last edited:

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I'll say it again - you know even less than you think I do.

And I'll stick with Rene http://www.imore.com/2012/05/11/iphone-5-design-finalized-big-screen-metal-track-october-release/

You can keep saying it. What I said I know for sure , is FACT. what I GUESS is just another guess. The link you posted is not sharing any actual FACTS. Just some speculations .
I never said that I know when the next iPhone is coming out. I have my guess and it's nothing but a guess.

Unclench please ! :D;):p

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It frustrates me because I, like many iPhone 4 owners, didn't upgrade to the 4S because we assumed that this pushback was because of the Japan tsunamis and supply issues, and that the iPhone 5 was still on schedule for a June 2012 release. I honestly think the prototypes we saw last october and the fake cases were from real prototypes, I think the iPhone 5 has probably been ready since last october. No point in waiting till October 2012 to release it. For people that got the iPhone 4 on release date, this is going on almost 2.5 years without a new design. I realize this is almighty Apple we're talking about, but still. Sheesh.

Where was it ever said it would be released in June??

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to have to buy this one off contract for sure if I want it.
But I'm hoping it won't be more than$700 off contract :/ hopefully this 4S will give me a bit of down payment

I think apple is going to keep the same full price for the phones. I mean they have for how long now and can't see them changing that, especially when how much profit they already make off the phones not like they were barely making any profit.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hardware details of the next iPhone (N41AP / iPhone5,1) and more on the new Maps app | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

straight from the article
"We are told Apple is far along in its iOS 6 development, so an October new iPhone deadline should be relatively easy?barring any unforeseen chip, part shortages/labor outages, etc. So ?easy?, in fact, that an earlier release is possible." so beta or not it has still been under work for awhile and who is to say they aren't doing away with betas and dev's don't already have IOS6, they just have a NDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR