Vote on when the iPhone 5 is coming out

When will the next gen iPhone be released?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TFausett

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe how many people are choosing the June/July timeframe. I would be completely shocked if Apple did that. I think they have pushed it back to October timeframe and thats where it's going to stay. They are going to keep WWDC just about developers, maybe an Apple TV but that is just wishfull thinking.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna go ballistic if it's not till the fall. I specifically didn't upgrade to the 4S because I was convinced the 5 would come out in June, and didn't wanna lose my upgrade. If the new one doesn't come till October, that will be 2.5 years with the same design. I know it's Apple but sheesh. Some car makers redesign cars faster than that. Not to mention new droids come out every 2 weeks. :mad:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't believe how many people are choosing the June/July timeframe. I would be completely shocked if Apple did that. I think they have pushed it back to October timeframe and thats where it's going to stay. They are going to keep WWDC just about developers, maybe an Apple TV but that is just wishfull thinking.

Alot of people are determining the launch date based on the fact that the 4s would be under a year old. Apple cares more about people who are definately going to upgrade and new customers. The iPhone 4 and 3Gs owners are more likely to upgrade than people who have a 4s. This would mean that it would be almost a 2 year timeframe for anyone owning an iPhone 4. So I'm thinking they will go back to the original June/July launch schedule.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing an August-September time frame for a couple reasons...

1 - near the beginning of school/college
2 - good timing for Christmas sales
3 - six months after the expected March 7th launch of iPad 3 and (maybe) iOS 5.1
4 - good time for iOS6 launch, same reason as #3.

The late-in-the-year debut of the iPhone 4S last year really crowded the Christmas sales season. Surprisingly, it was still a huge success, but I'm wondering how many iPhone 4 people upgraded. I'm thinking most of the record sales were by people new to iPhone - especially as the Android market is increasingly glutted with devices carrying older operating systems, and many plagued with major issues.

However, those of us waiting for an iPhone 5 June launch last year, then July, then August, then Sept, etc. were terribly frustrated when an iPhone 4-remake materialized. I can't help but think there were other factors involved in the delayed launch of the 4S and the absence of a iPhone 5 - not the least of which could have been the health of Mr. Jobs.

Although I think it will be in the 3rd quarter, I can't help but hope it will be June. I'm still with my iPhone 4 (and happy with it on iOS5), but plan to upgrade - IF it's a significant improvement. :D

Shevil

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I pretty much dont care Lol The 5 is seriously not going to be all so much different then the 4s to make me re-spend the money. I mean honestly, as much as I love my iPhone, its such a useless cash grab to release a new one every effin ''2 weeks''. I waited from the original iPhone and passed on the 4 and just got the 4s. It would take a lot more than a thinner phone or bigger screen to make me upgrade at this point.:rolleyes:

dyne2199

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking September, probably mid-month. This would put it 6 months after the iPad 3 Event and would give a good-sized window for the Christmas season.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
It frustrates me because I, like many iPhone 4 owners, didn't upgrade to the 4S because we assumed that this pushback was because of the Japan tsunamis and supply issues, and that the iPhone 5 was still on schedule for a June 2012 release. I honestly think the prototypes we saw last october and the fake cases were from real prototypes, I think the iPhone 5 has probably been ready since last october. No point in waiting till October 2012 to release it. For people that got the iPhone 4 on release date, this is going on almost 2.5 years without a new design. I realize this is almighty Apple we're talking about, but still. Sheesh.

Link

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for Summer. I don't want to wait until Fall for a 4G phone. If it doesn't come out this summer I'll probably go with a Droid Razr Maxx. They are already behind other smartphones in screen size and 4G LTE capability. Why delay it further?

Reactions: ladyc0524

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm hoping for Summer. I don't want to wait until Fall for a 4G phone. If it doesn't come out this summer I'll probably go with a Droid Razr Maxx. They are already behind other smartphones in screen size and 4G LTE capability. Why delay it further?

Have fun with that Droid Razr... ;)

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm also hoping for June/July release; however, since the last release was in the fall, I am more inclined to believe the realistic release date will fall between those times instead. Here's tohoping it happens sooner than later.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Considering WWDC in June is another iOS event, you can throw the June/July release out the window. Need time to beta test the OS before it goes live to the public. When this thread started back in December I said fall. Still appears that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods