volume icon randomly appearing

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Happy Friday!

So, the strangest thing... the volume icon keeps popping up randomly on my screen. It's like for some reason whenever it's in standby/sleep mode and I wake it, it pops up... but then this morning it would just randomly pop up on the screen. Right now my phone is on silent and I'm not hitting any of the side buttons... and when it appears, it's just the bell, no bars on the bottom showing (like volume bars)... just the bell...

anyone else had this issue?

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you done a hard restart on the phone? Might just be a random glitch...

Funny you mention that... as soon as I posted, I thought "I should do a reboot" ... lol! So I did... so far nothing, but yesterday it was just happening randomly, so we'll see the rest of the day if it happens again.

Thanks for your suggestion! :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Is this effecting the actual volume at all or is it just visual? I had a similar issue with the 4S where it would randomly turn the volume down at random times. Safe to say it was not a software issue and they gave me a new phone.

Happy Friday!

So, the strangest thing... the volume icon keeps popping up randomly on my screen. It's like for some reason whenever it's in standby/sleep mode and I wake it, it pops up... but then this morning it would just randomly pop up on the screen. Right now my phone is on silent and I'm not hitting any of the side buttons... and when it appears, it's just the bell, no bars on the bottom showing (like volume bars)... just the bell...

anyone else had this issue?

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is this effecting the actual volume at all or is it just visual? I had a similar issue with the 4S where it would randomly turn the volume down at random times. Safe to say it was not a software issue and they gave me a new phone.

I think just visual... i havent noticed any issues with the actual sounds... I'll keep an eye and ear out though... since this is a brand new replacement as of yesterday.

Thanks!

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Argh, this is still happening and driving me crazy! Constantly buzzing and showing the symbol... even during calls! I've done a wipe and still doing it! And this is my replacement phone since I was having major battery issues... I don't want to have to get another one!!!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Argh, this is still happening and driving me crazy! Constantly buzzing and showing the symbol... even during calls! I've done a wipe and still doing it! And this is my replacement phone since I was having major battery issues... I don't want to have to get another one!!!

When you got the replacement, did you restore the phone from a backup? I hate to say this, but,
you might want to try a full restore, brand new. Maybe, just maybe, the backup has something
corrupt in the file system. It's a possibility. Doesn't hurt to try restoring as new. You can always
just restore to the backup again.

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When you got the replacement, did you restore the phone from a backup? I hate to say this, but,
you might want to try a full restore, brand new. Maybe, just maybe, the backup has something
corrupt in the file system. It's a possibility. Doesn't hurt to try restoring as new. You can always

Due to other issues, I've done 3 complete brand new restores... and still not working :(

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... time to get another replacement :(

I have now been able to get the phone to vibrate by pressing in certain areas of the phone.. so apparently something must be loose. Sad... hopefully the third time's the charm!! Cross your fingers!!!

Geraldo1951

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have my 5s model that is doing the same, and the reason for my phone is the Otter Box, as the buttons on the side of the case push for some reason, perhaps the integrity of the case is damaged.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine has starting doing the same thing a couple of days ago. It is driving me crazy!

Have you tried a hard reset?
7 Reset
Hold the power/wake button and the volume down button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release.
All others:
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

If that doesn't stop it, try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Krishna A

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
when you got the replacement, did you restore the phone from a backup? I hate to say this, but,

i did a hard reset and it worked thanks for the post

dwstanley

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site
Hi has anyone identified the cause of this? I have an iphone 8plus and had a similar popup ad on my phone. I keep my volume down on my phone, but after turning up the volume, a news cast was playing. I'm kinda anal about privacy so i checked all of my settings and found nothing related to this. For about 10 minutes I was able to swipe down from the top of the screen and see the original ad, but that quickly went away with no trace. I also need to say my phone updated last night to iOS 11.4 so I assume that maybe part of it. At heart I'm a conspiracy theorist, so I wouldn't put it past some sort of mind control being sent:) If anyone has experienced, or resolved this, please let me know

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen