Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how the different carriers have different iOS setting and labels. My "Mobile" settings look like as below...

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1414278651.816015.jpg

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
That's way wrong. I don't think I've gone over a couple of gigs a month yet.

Haha I did think that was really high for mobile data only and in one month! The thing is the iOS counter is rarely wrong. It's usually your carrier that over inflates usage but iOS is really accurate so not sure what's gone wrong in yours. Have you checked with your carrier to get s usage estimate mate?

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Haha I did think that was really high for mobile data only and in one month! The thing is the iOS counter is rarely wrong. It's usually your carrier that over inflates usage but iOS is really accurate so not sure what's gone wrong in yours. Have you checked with your carrier to get s usage estimate mate?

My counter doesn't show "current period" equal to a billing cycle. Mine keeps adding up until I manually reset it, which is often a year or so.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
My counter doesn't show "current period" equal to a billing cycle. Mine keeps adding up until I manually reset it, which is often a year or so.

Yes they all do this but my point is he has an iPhone 6 Plus therefore is at the most a month old so the 18.1GB is mobile data used within the last month. It doesn't carry over from a backup when you get a new iPhone so each new device starts at zero.

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes they all do this but my point is he has an iPhone 6 Plus therefore is at the most a month old so the 18.1GB is mobile data used within the last month. It doesn't carry over from a backup when you get a new iPhone so each new device starts at zero.

Well I guess either it does now carry over from backups or ios isn't reporting accurately because mine shows usage is way more than my plan would cover, and I just verified with my carrier what they are reporting. I'm not on an iPhone 6, but I did just move from an iphone 5 to an iPhone 5c (for a 32gb model) just prior to the iphone 6 launch date.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah sorry I was only really referring to iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users as we know that they would have only had a max of 1 months usage. I've had mine a month and I've got about 350MB haha!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen