VoLTE works!!!!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Saw it in settings and tried it. Holy crap it worked!!! Turned off my wifi. Called my desk at work - while the recording was playing I could load up new web pages. The "LTE" symbol remained as the phone call was made (no drop to 3G like on my 5).

What's surprising is I'm out in the sticks of northern MN!! Lol! We've had LTE only for about 2 yrs now.

Anyways... I'm stoked!!! Glad I stuck it out with Verizon...

http://m.imore.com/iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus-can-take-advantage-verizons-volte-network-and-hd-calls

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411176911.438482.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411177092.876796.jpg

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
No but from what I understand you need "Advanced Calling". I never enabled it, I think it got added when I renewed to get the subsidized price on the iPhone 6 - that or it got enabled when inactivated the iP6 (new SIM that came with phone - didn't use the old SIM from my 5).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411183965.213838.jpg

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I saw that this afternoon as well. Working like a charm.

When I switched to verizon from AT&T I really missed this feature. Glad it's back.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
That's wireless calling. However I am unable to enable voice and data. Tells me to call Verizon. Do you have unlimited data?
VoLTE will NOT count against any data caps... Verizon's systems know the difference between data used for VoLTE and other data.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No but from what I understand you need "Advanced Calling". I never enabled it, I think it got added when I renewed to get the subsidized price on the iPhone 6 - that or it got enabled when inactivated the iP6 (new SIM that came with phone - didn't use the old SIM from my 5).

HD Voice is a separate thing from VoLTE....

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
No it's not. It's the same thing on Verizon.

Actually, signing up to make such calls is the same thing on Verizon, but they are two separate things.

My iPhone 6+ with Advanced Calling can make VoLTE calls to non-VoLTE mobiles (any network) and even landlines. The voice quality is greatly improved.

When I call another VZW VoLTE user, then I also get "upgraded" to HD Voice. That sound quality is amazing! Basically, VoLTE is the pipe and HD Voice runs over it. The latter needs both devices on VoLTE, the former just uses full-rate CDMA, so it's fully supported by all existing phones (even 3G ones).

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I got it. Sorry to the previous posters quoted. I was thinking about sprints hd voice. I assumed and u know what that gets u,lol.

Did u say voice quality was greatly improved just by using voLTE? Even without had voice

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I got it. Sorry to the previous posters quoted. I was thinking about sprints hd voice. I assumed and u know what that gets u,lol.

Did u say voice quality was greatly improved just by using voLTE? Even without had voice

Oh yes, significantly. I believe the change is it is forcing full-rate CDMA over VoLTE rather than half-rate CDMA that most of Verizon's network uses nowadays. Basically, it sounds like it did back before the iPhone ever came to Verizon. The surge of traffic over the years from Android and iPhone users has made VZW drop to half-rate in most areas. The difference is quite noticeable.

The difference between full rate CDMA and HD Voice is also quite noticeable (comparable to FaceTime Audio), but requires support at both ends instead of just one. So at least I know that most of my landline calls will be much improved! The downside is it is ONLY over LTE (no VoWiFi) and thus, if you don't have a strong LTE signal, you actually "Call Failed" when the phone drops to 3G.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Lmao I thought yesterday it sounded good but I figured that's just how iPhones sound. I knew my other iPhones sounded way better then android phones

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
NOTE: I don't believe VoLTE is available at all yet on AT&T, Sprint or T-mobile. Only Verizon is confirmed at this point.

So if your network doesn't support VoLTE, setting LTE to "Voice and Data" won't work.

dalmoradie1

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 65257

How come I don't have this feature on my plan and it's not an option to add it on My Verizon?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
How come I don't have this feature on my plan and it's not an option to add it on My Verizon?

Honestly I don't know. It was already on my account when I checked. I got my 6 as an upgrade through Apple and when I got it had to activate the phone so I'm guessing that's when it got added to my account since my area obviously supports it.

I only saw that setting in My Verizon after I had already discovered I could set LTE for "Voice and Data" (VoLTE) and that it worked flawlessly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR