• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I used and loved Vlingo on my Blackberry and downloaded it onto my iPhone at once. It's got a ways to go. It failed to recognize what I said to it 10 out of 10 tries! The Google voice recognition hardly ever fails, even on fairly obscure things, so for me the comparison is just not there. I'm glad Vlingo is trying on the iPhone and hope that it gets better (and adopts the "note to self" function the BB had...man I used that all the time!), but right now...thumbs down.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
It's got a ways to go. It failed to recognize what I said to it 10 out of 10 tries!

Yeah, i think google is one of the best at voice rec. Just out of curiosity where are you from? Vlingo seems to be more sensitive to accents than google. It works perfect for me because I live in the US and have a pretty neutral accent at that...compared to Chicago / New York type accents.

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, i think google is one of the best at voice rec. Just out of curiosity where are you from? Vlingo seems to be more sensitive to accents than google. It works perfect for me because I live in the US and have a pretty neutral accent at that...compared to Chicago / New York type accents.

I'm in the Midwest US; as "neutral" as they come, probably.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman