Visual Voicemail not an option

lunchbox88

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure this belongs in this sub-forum, but it's the phone I'm using, so I'm starting here. Please move this to a different sub if this isn't the right place...

I just got an 11 Pro Max, moving away from Android for the first time. Everything is going fine, for the most part. Some things I miss, some things I like better. Anyways...

I don't seem to have Visual Voicemail. I've looked up setting it up, and I don't have that option. When I got to phone->voicemail, all I get is a button in the middle of the screen that says "Call Voicemail".

Anyone know how I can get my VVM set up?

Thanks!

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Strange, so when you go into the pool Hine app and tap on voicemail it just gives the option to call the voicemail?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello there! I found information on how to set up Visual Voicemail on Apple's support site. Here's a link to the article. One thing that jumped out at me was that you might want to check with your carrier to see if they support Visual Voicemail. I hope this helps! Please keep us updated on how this works out for you.

lunchbox88

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all! I'm on Verizon, and my wife and daughter both have iPhones, and both have working VVM. It's really strange. I'll give Verizon a call, and see if they can help. I'm pretty sure it's something about moving from Android to iOS, it's just odd that there's no "set up" option like in the linked article.

I'll let everyone know what Verizon says.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure this belongs in this sub-forum, but it's the phone I'm using, so I'm starting here. Please move this to a different sub if this isn't the right place...

I just got an 11 Pro Max, moving away from Android for the first time. Everything is going fine, for the most part. Some things I miss, some things I like better. Anyways...

I don't seem to have Visual Voicemail. I've looked up setting it up, and I don't have that option. When I got to phone->voicemail, all I get is a button in the middle of the screen that says "Call Voicemail".

Thanks!

Visual Voicemail is a carrier dependent feature. Your phone company would be the one to talk to. When I got my iPhone 8 a few years ago, I noticed right away I didn’t have Visual Voicemail. I called AT&T and they advised rebooting my phone and like magic it worked. Make sure you have iPhone Visual Voicemail provisioned on your account.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all! I'm on Verizon, and my wife and daughter both have iPhones, and both have working VVM. It's really strange. I'll give Verizon a call, and see if they can help. I'm pretty sure it's something about moving from Android to iOS, it's just odd that there's no "set up" option like in the linked article.

I'll let everyone know what Verizon says.

I agree because I’m on Verizon and I have visual voicemail on my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

coreyacole

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!

There is a VVM [SOC Code] that they need to add to your account. That's what we used to call it in the mobile world. Once that's there, a simple reboot should have it working for you.

lunchbox88

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I called Verizon, and the person I spoke with removed and re-added VVM and that seemed to do the trick. I didn’t even have to reboot.

Thanks for the replies!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I had visual voice mail but now have Apple version which is free on Verizon. Have had it more than 6 months. Works like visual voice only it’s free

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh