Videos on phone but not in videos app.

komp444

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
hey guys. So did my couple first initial syncs with the new iphone 5 i got and all smooth except one huge issue. I tried to sync some tv show episodes i have and only the two newest episodes in term of production show up properly in the videos folder. Now when i do the universal search to look for them i can find them all. But only two show up in the proper videos folder. So thats two outta eight, not so great i guess. I tried to search and couldnt find anything so please let me know if anyone has experienced this and if you fixed. Im running the latest version of itunes on a mac and my iphone is completely up to date as far as ios. Thanks a tone guys. i usually watch aalot of videos on my phone so this is gonna be awesome if someone can fix this.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Seeing only two is interesting... because iTunes does not offer selections to sync even quantities of episodes unless it's 10.

In iTunes, go to the device's page - and look at the TV Shows tab and see what's been selected to sync... and is there enough free space to hold everything you want to sync?

komp444

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There is free space and they do show up on that page. Just not on not showing up on the video app. There tv episodes so they should be there.

komp444

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There on my device as I can find and play them if I searched through the universal search. The iPhone is just not placing them in the videos folder or any app for that matter. When I find them through the universal search it labels them as that they have the videos icon next to them but when I open that app..... Nada but 2 outta the 10.

komp444

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I read online for that last few day that this is a surprisingly common problem but could not find online a fix for it that wasn't probably gonna make stuff worse in the long run. Anyone on here have it and dealt with it??

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If these are videos you've obtained from sources other than the iTunes Store - and imported into your iTunes to sync... you may need to go into your iTunes library on a computer, and use the "Get info" in the videos in your Library and edit some of the metadata for the files - on that "Get info" box - the "Options" tab lets you chose "media kind"... that can make a big difference as to where a file will show up on the media player(s) on iDevices.

komp444

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the direction. I shoulda stated that yes, there from the the iTunes Store. Tv episodes to be exact. As far as variables of abnormal circumstance there are zero. I have a iPhone five running stock up to date iOS that is trying to sync tv episodes obtained normally through the iTunes Store in there native format. And syncing is done through a iMac with up to date Mac OS via up to date iTunes program. So everything is as normal and up to date as possibly could be. I guess that's why it so hard to trouble shoot cuz nothing is abnormal or not in there normal optimal variation. Thanks again for helping me trouble shoot this.

komp444

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Soooo... All the videos showed up! Without any resync or anything that could possibly logically cause it. Looked at it one minute and they were all missing. Take it out to look at it moments later and what ya know there all there. Not sure how the phone sorted this out on it own. But still apprehensive now cuz if it could fix it self by it self it makes me nervous what else it can do by itself!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR