Verizon's Visible

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone heard about Visible? I heard about it yesterday when I was listening to the Clark Howard Show. It's a new service that is part of Verizon, but Verizon doesn't want anyone to know that. It's their "secret" $40/month unlimited data plan. From what I understand, people can sign up for this service via an App and NOT through Verizon. I believe that the speeds aren't as fast as they are on Verizon, but apparently people can watch You Tune videos, etc.

Here's an article about this on Clark Howard's website.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea it rolled out quietly a few months ago. I didn't read too deeply into it because in my experience, these types of plans typically aren't geared towards families or data hogs. But on a quick glance when they released it, it seemed like a good deal for those looking to save some cash.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard about Visible? I heard about it yesterday when I was listening to the Clark Howard Show. It's a new service that is part of Verizon, but Verizon doesn't want anyone to know that. It's their "secret" $40/month unlimited data plan. From what I understand, people can sign up for this service via an App and NOT through Verizon. I believe that the speeds aren't as fast as they are on Verizon, but apparently people can watch You Tune videos, etc.

Here's an article about this on Clark Howard's website.

Yeah I think it’s a 3rd party reseller not actually Verizon but a company that is using the Verizon network

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. According to Clark Howard, Visible is owned by Verizon, but Verizon doesn't want people to know that! LOL!!!

Probably because people with then call Verizon for issues when they need to be calling Visible.

Just like Google owns Waze. But if you have a Waze issue or question, you have to contact Waze support, not Google.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I think it’s a 3rd party reseller not actually Verizon but a company that is using the Verizon network

It’s a company fully owned by Verizon. Similar to how metro PCS( now it’s kind of branded more like t-Mobile) and cricket is. Cricket is a pre paid plan acting like a company that’s it’s self but is just owned by AT&T.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I see it’s been a while since someone contributed to this thread. Some updated info. I was looking around on YouTube, and got drug down the rabbit hole.

I was watching a video going over the best plans for all the carriers. I first started looking at US Mobile, an MVNO using either Verizon or T-Mobile network. Depending on preference and handset. $40 unlimited everything plus taxes and fees. 50 GB of 4G, but speeds are capped. For another $5, they’ll speed you up a bit, and toss in 5 GB of hotspot. $10, and full speed with 10 GB of hotspot. You can also build your own plan. Still have that parent not giving up that flip? Voice for $10 a month.

Then I saw Visible. It is owned by Verizon. $40 unlimited everything, taxes included. $25 for the first month to try. Speeds are not capped at a limit, but you are prioritized from the start, but most reviews showed you should have consistently 10-15 Mbps in heavy areas without issue. Video streaming capped at 480p, although some said they did have some 1080p streaming at times. And, remember a few years ago when Sprint had their Framily plan? You can have your own Visible Party Plan. 2 get you $35 a month, each with your own bill. 3 for $30, and 4 for $25. Sorry, that’s as far as it goes.

Sign up online, then download the app, and access your account there. They send you the SIM kit. Phone compatibility is limited. Originally limited to only iPhones, they have added access for Pixel devices, newer Samsung devices, and a few One Plus models.

KCox2021

Sep 13, 2021
Visit site
Probably because people with then call Verizon for issues when they need to be calling Visible.

Just like Google owns Waze. But if you have a Waze issue or question, you have to contact Waze support, not Google.

Actually you can't call Visible. They are online only with only chat for tech support. I've had them for several months now. Pretty satisfied with them except don't buy into the non-compatabilty of IMEIs.

I checked the IMEI of my Samsung Galaxy S21+ on their site and was told that it was incompatible. I was using the phone with the Visible sim! They offered a trade-in for a wholly lesser phone. I think they just want to dump overstock.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner