Verizon - Why do I have to get the unlimited plan and lose my employer discount for the iPhone X?

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
So I was toying with getting an iPhone x, and playing on the app. To get the new X I have to upgrade my plan to an unlimited plan (odd, since I had to lose my unlimited plan to get the 6 once upon a time), and I will lose my employer discount when I do that.

What gives? I have no doubt this would be for any device upgrade.....but since I have a 7 plus, makes me want to delay any upgrades since this seems to be a lose lose situation.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon question - new plan and no employee discount?

The unlimited plans aren't eligible for corporate discounts for some reason. But when I switched to the unlimited plan with how many lines I have it was actually cheaper for me even without the discount from my job.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Verizon is still $60 more per month minimum than t-mobile for two lines. They completely crapped the bed when it come to their plan offerings. 8gbs of data for $70 or unlimited for $80?! You have got to be joking. Then $90 per line for “premium” unlimited. They essentially throttle your lte unless you pay $10 more per month

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is still $60 more per month minimum than t-mobile for two lines. They completely crapped the bed when it come to their plan offerings. 8gbs of data for $70 or unlimited for $80?! You have got to be joking. Then $90 per line for “premium” unlimited. They essentially throttle your lte unless you pay $10 more per month

I’m on Verizon and switched to unlimited a few months ago. I pay $40 a month per line for unlimited and if I needed premium, which I don’t, it would be $50 per line. Between 6 lines we use about 40gb per month and have not experienced being throttled. We probably stream music more than anything but do stream some videos as well. No problems with quality or speed. My friends on T-Mobile can’t say the same, but that’s in our area. Verizon is far better than any of the others where I live.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I’m on Verizon and switched to unlimited a few months ago. I pay $40 a month per line for unlimited and if I needed premium, which I don’t, it would be $50 per line. Between 6 lines we use about 40gb per month and have not experienced being throttled. We probably stream music more than anything but do stream some videos as well. No problems with quality or speed. My friends on T-Mobile can’t say the same, but that’s in our area. Verizon is far better than any of the others where I live.

How did you manage 40 a month for unlimited?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
How did you manage 40 a month for unlimited?

^^That. It’s $45/month per line and I set up autopay so they knock off $5/line. Here is a screenshot from the website. It’s been this price for at least a few months.

c7fcf368421b2cd047c7273b8fd4388b.jpg

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

My bad.

I see now that my previous response doesn’t apply to you. You are looking for prepay plans. Those rates are higher at Verizon. Always have been and always will be. T-Mobile focuses on that market and will always win on price.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So I was toying with getting an iPhone x, and playing on the app. To get the new X I have to upgrade my plan to an unlimited plan (odd, since I had to lose my unlimited plan to get the 6 once upon a time), and I will lose my employer discount when I do that.

What gives? I have no doubt this would be for any device upgrade.....but since I have a 7 plus, makes me want to delay any upgrades since this seems to be a lose lose situation.

You don't have to get unlimited. I switched off the old unlimited onto the new 5gb/55 a month and kept my employer discount. I do not use that much data, and the savings with my discount were well worth it. Not to mention carryover data.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
My bad.

I see now that my previous response doesn’t apply to you. You are looking for prepay plans. Those rates are higher at Verizon. Always have been and always will be. T-Mobile focuses on that market and will always win on price.

I’m not on a prepay plan though, I only pay $100 per month for unlimited everything through T-Mobile. It’s their recurring monthly plan. I was paying $220 per month with a 15% military discount through Verizon before I switched. That was for just two lines. Granted it would be cheaper now but only by $40. I drive a ton and the only time I notice a difference in signal is when I’m out in the sticks.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
You don't have to get unlimited. I switched off the old unlimited onto the new 5gb/55 a month and kept my employer discount. I do not use that much data, and the savings with my discount were well worth it. Not to mention carryover data.

Ok now that I use their website vs the app, it lets me keep my plan. So odd, the app told me I had to update my plan or it would not let me continue. Guess a coding mistake somewhere.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I’m not on a prepay plan though, I only pay $100 per month for unlimited everything through T-Mobile. It’s their recurring monthly plan. I was paying $220 per month with a 15% military discount through Verizon before I switched. That was for just two lines. Granted it would be cheaper now but only by $40. I drive a ton and the only time I notice a difference in signal is when I’m out in the sticks.

Not sure what math you are doing but on verizon plans you would still get your military discount. https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...https://www.verizon.com/plans/&token=fa2VnHBA

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
^^That. It’s $45/month per line and I set up autopay so they knock off $5/line. Here is a screenshot from the website. It’s been this price for at least a few months.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171225/c7fcf368421b2cd047c7273b8fd4388b.jpg

Can you please direct me to where you're finding this? I have 3 lines and the best I can find for the faster unlimited is $60 a line which includes the discount for auto-pay and all that.

Edit: Never mind. I see that it only starts for 4 lines and decreases at 3 or less.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

I have this plan too and find it to be very cost effective compared to what I had with AT&T.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73