Verizon TV Ad.... Truth Flaw

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I love my new VZ IPhone

But anyone else notice that on the "I can hear you now" AD that when the call comes in the phone stays on 3G.. Oops I tried it and it does stop the data before you answer. Truth in ADs VZ..come on

YouTube - Verizon Test Man with iPhone

So wait, the screen is simulated? Like in ALL the Apple iPhone app ads?

There is no false information presented here. In no way did Verizon indicate in any way, shape, or form that the iPhone on Verizon supports simultaneous voice and data on 3G.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

jdradvisors

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
No big deal

Hey I really did not think it was a big deal, Just think it is a funny messup that one of the main difference points is showen incorrectly.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
If you watch your phone when the next call comes in, the 3G symbol stays on until the call is connected. No where in the AD can you see where the call connects, so there for the phone still has 3G connected.

Research how CDMA works to find out how it switches from data to voice.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
If you watch your phone when the next call comes in, the 3G symbol stays on until the call is connected. No where in the AD can you see where the call connects, so there for the phone still has 3G connected.

Too funny! I just got a call and noticed that the "3G" didn't disappear when it was ringing and came here to post!

So I guess everything in the ad is true ... including "Yes, I can hear you NOW!" :)

ShannonDavis

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That guy in the commercial in NOT and actor. He really, really is a Verizon technician. Santa Clause told me. (I didn't see where the 3G stayed on either.)