Verizon Replacement iPhone 4S from Apple store.. can it be unlocked?

ptb127

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
I had to exchange an iPhone 4S about 2 months ago because no one could hear me talk on the phone without putting it on speaker phone, and when the apple rep came out, I saw him have to chose between the carriers that the iPhone 4S was on including at&t. So the question I have is, can I unlock this device and make it compatible with the at&t network and how do I do that? I have never unlocked a device before.

Lightingguy55

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that VZW will only unlock the phone for use on an international GSM system, not for US use.

So no you cannot have them unlock. then pop in a ATT Sim card.

SB

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
From what I have read the iPhone 5 from VZW is coming or can be unlocked especially if it is coming from Apple. I could be wrong but I believe I read this here in a forum, front page of Imore or someplace else. i called VZW to ask if they would unlock my 4S and they said yes. It takes about a week until they notify Apple and then after Apple puts the info in their system your sim slot will be unlocked.

Moe2005

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
From what I have read the iPhone 5 from VZW is coming or can be unlocked especially if it is coming from Apple. I could be wrong but I believe I read this here in a forum, front page of Imore or someplace else. i called VZW to ask if they would unlock my 4S and they said yes. It takes about a week until they notify Apple and then after Apple puts the info in their system your sim slot will be unlocked.

Verizon will only unlock the 4S for international use. AT&T and T-Mobile SIM cards still won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

That is the 5. The 5 is unlocked and you can stick an AT&T SIM in and it will work just fine. You just won't be able to use AT&T LTE but 3G will work just fine. The 4S is a different animal entirely. It does not come unlocked but they will do so, but it will only be unlocked for international use so AT&T won't work. Different phones different unlock rules.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
What ^^ said ... But if your 4s is on 5.1.1 buy a rsim iii and you can use any SIM card even in a Verizon 4s but jail beak is required

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That is the 5. The 5 is unlocked and you can stick an AT&T SIM in and it will work just fine. You just won't be able to use AT&T LTE but 3G will work just fine. The 4S is a different animal entirely. It does not come unlocked but they will do so, but it will only be unlocked for international use so AT&T won't work. Different phones different unlock rules.

I appreciate the clarrification and thought this is what it would turn out to be. I DID know about the 5 being unlocked. Again thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh