• Welcome to the all-new iMore Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Verizon phone, pay full price then bill monthly

plt3121MarineAlways

Nov 27, 2011
Does anyone know exactly how Verizon's "buy phone at full price but pay monthly on monthly bill works"? Any help is appreciated.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Re: Verizon phone

If you pay full price for a phone, and are not in contract - you continue mont to month on the same terms as if you were on a contract... if you're buying a phone to replace one that was lost/stolen - you're still under contract until expiration, and the purchase of a phone does not extend the contract in any way.

Unless that's something new that you're paying full price for a phone split into 24 monthly payments in addition to your monthly service...

plt3121MarineAlways

Nov 27, 2011

That's my question. I spoke to a Verizon rep and they said I could go into a V store and would be able to buy phone at full price but get it in monthly payments added to my monthly bill. It shocked me when she said this. Wanted to ask here before I went to a V store.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009

That's great if they do that. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2