Verizon iPhone Insurance Question

kimbonini11

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I am planning on upgrading from my BlackBerry Z10 to an iPhone 6s soon and I was looking into the insurance options. I haven't had insurance coverage for a phone in about 8 years so it wasn't something I worried about. I know plenty of friends who have shattered iPhone screens who can't afford to fix it or get a new iPhone so I want to make sure I don't end up with that problem. Is there any initial coverage I will have for my phone? What is the best option for me to look into so my iPhone will be covered or so I will at least have cheaper options to fix/replace my phone if I damage it?

Thanks!

coldRooster

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I am planning on upgrading from my BlackBerry Z10 to an iPhone 6s soon and I was looking into the insurance options. I haven't had insurance coverage for a phone in about 8 years so it wasn't something I worried about. I know plenty of friends who have shattered iPhone screens who can't afford to fix it or get a new iPhone so I want to make sure I don't end up with that problem. Is there any initial coverage I will have for my phone? What is the best option for me to look into so my iPhone will be covered or so I will at least have cheaper options to fix/replace my phone if I damage it?

Thanks!

Hi there! You will have year warranty on the phone but it won't cover if your screen gets shattered. Insurance is honestly the best bet. The phone outright is $550-$1200 depending on what you get. Apple Care is another option for you. Similar coverage but done through Apple. That would be dependent on how close you are to an Apple location.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't find the "deductible" fee for iphone 6splus. In other words if device is destroyed asurion will give me a replacement but I know I have to pay theman amount of $.

Also, does apple care offer any coverage against theft? Is there a deductible fee to get a replacement when a phone is damaged or stolen?

I did read the links but could not find answers.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple Care Plus does not cover loss or theft.

AppleCare+ for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus - Apple

AppleCare+ for iPhone
Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone(1) and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee plus applicable tax ($79 for iPhone 6 or earlier models, $99 for iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus).(2)

Lightingguy55

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Apple Care Plus is cheaper and a better option, IMO.

VZW charges something like $9 a month, so roughly $220 over 2 years. It covers lost and stolen. It also has something like a $175 deductible for an iPhone 6 or similar phone.

Apple Care is $100 or so for 2 years, doesn't cover lost/stolen and has the service fee mentioned.

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Asurion insurance through Verizon is between $7.15 & $11 per month (depending on which plan you choose) the deductible for iPhone 6/6 Plus and newer is $199 per claim and covers loss, theft, and accidental damage, and is active until you cancel it. Apple Care Plus for the 6s/6s Plus is $129 for two years of coverage, and covers manufacturing defects (no deductible) and two incidents of accidental damage ($99 deductible) within that two years. However, it does not cover loss or theft.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Applecare plus is much better than carrier insurance options. Spoken from someone who had to find that out the hard way back in 2011.

gilligan793

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Really depends on the kind of person you are. While your deductible will be higher and paying a monthly fee vs a one time payment and a slightly less deductible, the carrier protection covers for lost and stolen which is something AppleCare+ doesn't cover. Also, the carrier protection lasts past the two years so even if you are done with your contract or payment plan you can still be covered and not worry about having to replace a phone while out of contract. I always explained to my customers that any coverage is better than no coverage, just look at your options.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR