Verizon iPhone GPS issues

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Anyone have an update to this issue. I have nothing to add, but wondering if anyone has any success with this chronic issue?

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I concur. There is a problem. I have the same issues as you. The one that seems to perform the best is Maps. I wonder if that's because it's a native app. Navigon on my AT&T iPhone never had any issues. What I do, is when I wanna use GPS, I tether my Incredible to my iPhone and use Google Maps on the Incredible until this issue gets fixed.

hmmm no wonder i've had a few iphone users ask directions from me (i use htc incredible). i never knew iphone gps was unreliable. i use navigation quite a bit so an unreliable gps will probably make me wait before getting an iphone.

rihamy2nd

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I did the PRL after doing a network reset in the phone settings, I've not had any issues. Waze still flakes out, occasionally, and the GPS reception doesn't seem as strong overall as other phones and devices I've used, but it's working for me, now. And, yes, I do think that the GPS in the HTC Android phones was way more robust than the iPhone.

morsecp

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my phone to 4.2.7 hoping maybe there was an unmentioned update to the baseband or GPS. Unfortunately, MotionX seems to be as bad or worse than ever. I get the red globe every few minutes and in the same locations as before, with perhaps a few more added in. Maybe nothing changed and it's coincidence, but it certainly isn't better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77