Verizon iPhone 7 Users...Reception issues?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Not trying to cause a rumble here...but are there any Verizon iPhone 7 customers who are having reception/call-quality issues? Seems like my new 7 jumps out of LTE without reason which effects signal. I can reboot it, and it comes right back...until it jumps out again. I'm also having a lot of reception issues...and I never, or hardly ever had any of that with my 6s. I have a lot of incoming callers telling me there's a lot of "noise on my end".

Are there any known Verizon issues here?

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I have issues with it switching between LTE and 3G often. Where my iPhone 6s Plus is fine sitting right next to it. Has not hindered me in any way yet so have not complained. It's also my work phone so lol.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not with Verizon, but I've had issues with AT&T. I literally just dropped a work call TWICE! I was on wifi calling and then it just dropped. My co-worker said 'you're cutting out' and then drop. SMH. Did not have this issue with the 6s or the SE.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
This is not the start of "antennaegate" is it?

I haven't totally dropped a call yet a la eyecrispy...but four out of five calls I've initiated had a "weird" ring before connecting, and the folks on the other end commented on the lack of clarity on my end. My 6s was great. This is NOT exceptable. Hope there's a fix that doesn't compromise any other phone fucntion soon...very soon.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm not with Verizon, but I've had issues with AT&T. I literally just dropped a work call TWICE! I was on wifi calling and then it just dropped. My co-worker said 'you're cutting out' and then drop. SMH. Did not have this issue with the 6s or the SE.

I've seen this issue with just Vzn until I saw yours. So it looks most just a Vzn issue that just may need a carrier update. I'm on T-Mobile and haven't had a single reception issue nor have I seen anybody complain of one. Just when iOS 10 first hit but that was quickly fixed with a a a Tmo carrier update.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I had to turn wifi calling OFF on my 7 with AT&T. Just can't stay connected. I tried numerous times. Until there is an update, it's not just a choice.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Verizon iPhone 7 but am using it on AT&T's network and I've yet to drop a call or have reception issues with my iPhone 7. Like Garz, I'm running iOS 10.1 dev beta 2. When I purchased the device last weekend, I immediately installed the dev beta profile and updated to iOS 10.1 so I really never didn't use the device with any other iOS version.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a Verizon iPhone 7 but am using it on AT&T's network and I've yet to drop a call or have reception issues with my iPhone 7. Like Garz, I'm running iOS 10.1 dev beta 2. When I purchased the device last weekend, I immediately installed the dev beta profile and updated to iOS 10.1 so I really never didn't use the device with any other iOS version.

The beta gives a new carrier profile and all so I have a feeling most issues are in pre 10.1 devices.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had to turn wifi calling OFF on my 7 with AT&T. Just can't stay connected. I tried numerous times. Until there is an update, it's not just a choice.

Boo. If I can't use wifi calling I'm gonna be in a bad way while at home where reception is weak with every carrier.

JoePa2624

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I've definitely had issues with reception randomly dropping to 3G for no reason. Putting the phone in airplane mode for a few seconds tends to solve the problem.

It's pretty frustrating.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Boo. If I can't use wifi calling I'm gonna be in a bad way while at home where reception is weak with every carrier.

I have the "weak reception" in house where we live now, but my Wifi calling (AT&T) is not working very well, so I had to turn it off. Now I often have to stand outside to make / keep a call.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the "weak reception" in house where we live now, but my Wifi calling (AT&T) is not working very well, so I had to turn it off. Now I often have to stand outside to make / keep a call.

Yea that's not acceptable. They offer the feature and it should work, esp if it worked in previous models.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have issues with it switching between LTE and 3G often. Where my iPhone 6s Plus is fine sitting right next to it. Has not hindered me in any way yet so have not complained. It's also my work phone so lol.

I have this on my 6s. I take my son to before-school care and come out of the building to 1x. I can be well down the road before it changes back, sometimes to only 3G. If I toggle cell data, it'll usually come right back to LTE.

Maddening.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox