Verizon iPhone 6s plus. Will there be simultaneous voice and data on Verizon like T-mobile and At&T

kfreemanii

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Verizon iPhone 6s plus. Will there be simultaneous voice and data on Verizon like T-mobile and At&T

Hey i have had Verizon Wireless for 10 plus years and I'm am still wondering why they don't have Voice and data at the same time. I have had the iPhone 5,5s and now 6s plus and still nothing has changed. I want to switch to T-mobile or At&t but not sure what call to make or if i should just sit tight?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Simultaneous voice and data works when using VoLTE.

The legacy CDMA technology used on Verizon's network is not capable of simultaneous voice and data... but one can use wifi for data and make a call at the same time. Verizon's use of the legacy CDMA technology will eventually go away when their network is fully VoLTE capable.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey i have had Verizon Wireless for 10 plus years and I'm am still wondering why they don't have Voice and data at the same time. I have had the iPhone 5,5s and now 6s plus and still nothing has changed. I want to switch to T-mobile or At&t but not sure what call to make or if i should just sit tight?

Do you not have voice and data? I have Verizon and the 6s Plus and I have it. Check your settings -> Cellular > Cellular data options> enable LTE > choose
b6304ee1acc8d5f5b771c362494ae471.jpg

kfreemanii

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for the help! Love this community. I asked the rep back when I got the phone and he didn't really answer my question when I got the phone

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Call them and have them activate advanced calling. You need that for simultaneous voice and data to work

You have to call or go into a store and have the feature activated on your account.

You can also add the feature on the website under ur my Verizon account.

You do not have to go into a Verizon store, call, or go on the website. You have the ability to change it on your Verizon device yourself. View screenshot provided by Ambassador Ledsteplin.
Thanks Ledsteplin.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site

Actually, yes Verizon does have simultaneous voice and data; for years now actually. Ever since Verizon started rolling out its LTE network back in 2010(?).

If you are not getting simultaneous voice and data it is because you are in one of those locations where there is no LTE coverage. Verizon's LTE coverage is pretty much everywhere. But, sometimes area, that is technically in an LTE area but for some reason can't receive an LTE signal. Usually a mountainous areas or large buildings.

You don't need Advanced Calling (i.e. VoLTE) either. Although, Advance Calling is much better than normal. Especially if you are talking to someone with Advance Calling.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro