Verizon can't swap call, do more than a three person conference call.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Verizon can't swap calls, do more than a three person conference call. Fail
:eek::cool:

Video

While you might think the Verizon iPhone?s biggest problems are its inferior data speeds, no talking while using data, or minimal international usability, we have discovered an even bigger issue, and its a true killer for consumers and business users alike. That?s the lack of being able to have a conference call with more than three people (including yourself), being able to switch between phone calls or to be able to hang up on just one person in a conference call. 9to5mac reader Eric F. worked with us on the above video that demonstrates the flaw in Verizon?s iPhone 4.

As business users in particular can imagine, not being able to have a conference call with more than two other people can be detrimental for an important deal you are trying to make over the phone, and can even be an issue for families who are trying to connect over their iPhones together. Another issue is the Verizon iPhone?s inability of handling call swapping. This means you cannot take one of your conference callers on private, like on the AT&T iPhone, and when you touch end call both calls will automatically hang up. Thanks, Eric F. and Julie!

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Inferior data speeds- No. The speeds are more than enough for what I need. Web browsing is fast, streaming is very good and downloading apps is just fine.

No talking while using data- No. I'm sure there might be some situation in which you might need to use this possibly, but for me that involves "Hey man, hold on one sec. I'll call you right back."

Minimal international usability- No. Not a big world traveler.

>3 way calling- No. Even with a regular phone I've never needed to have more than a 3 way call.

So, out of these three "real killers" not one affects me. :D

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I think it's more about business than anything else. I agree with the more than 3 people conference thing (other than business) but not being able to swap calls? Really.

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Really, can we end the whole "fail" thing? Its so friggin stupid. Im curious as to WHY it can do this function. It appears the software is there, and I cant hardley believe that the network couldnt handle simply swapping between two calls (almost positive Ive had other phones on Verizon that could do it)

cevmkv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So is this the only situation where you can't swap call. Ex: I'm on a call with person "a" and get a second call from person "b" (I.e. Call waiting) can you not swap back and forth between them?

Fanastasia

Banned
Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon can't swap calls, do more than a three person conference call. Fail
:eek::cool:

Video

BTW You can swap calls trust me I did it four or five time this weekend when I was talking on the phone several times I received other phone calls and I would press Hold + Answer when it popped up and then I would get the option to swap calls after I am on the other line and I could swap between calls. I wish people would research and get facts straight before putting rumors, lies, inaccurate information misleading other consumers.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
+1 you can definitely swap calls. I did several times the past few days. You just need to know how to work your phone...:p

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I think it's more about business than anything else. I agree with the more than 3 people conference thing (other than business) but not being able to swap calls? Really.

This reminds me of a thread on crackberry where people were complaining about the phone's inability to group text more than 100 people. If you need to text more than 100 people, should you really be doing it from a phone?

Same thing here. If you need to conference with more than 3 people, wouldn't you use a professional conference call number?

And I think it's swap calls while on a conference call -- you can private talk with just one while the others are on hold. You can definitely swap calls.

And I agree with #8 ... my data speeds are just fine :)

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
LTE will fix this, but it looks like they're not gearing up simultaneous voice and data on that now until 2012 even though the first successful call has been made using it.

LTE smartphones being released this year (possibly this or next month) will support simultaneous voice and data.

What you're referring to is VoLTE, or having LTE handle the voice, too. That timetable has been pushed UP to 2012.

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Im glad someone verified the swap calls thing. I knew I had done it before on verizon and just assumed the iphone could do it as well.

Data speeds for me where I am are more than sufficient for me as well.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
^^lol^^ yea seriously my friend has an att iPhone 4 and 9 times out of 10 mine is faster. Not to mention I can use as much data as I want.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The conference call thing won't be a big deal for people.

The browsing while in call, for those that have never had it won't notice anything, for those that used to have it might run into issues, but if they get better coverage they'll deal with it.

The best carrier around is the one that provides you with the best coverage in your area, and that varies for a LOT of people.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR