Verizon 11/16

tydro456#AC

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
So, while I am sure some have ordered this way, I ordered my black iPhone 5 on the 26th of October(my contract upgrade date). The Verizon store associate said the phone would be shipped on the 16th of November, yet the Verizon Wireless website says "*BY* 11/16". Who am I to believe? Most likely the Verizon store employee is more accurate, but does anyone think there may be a chance to receive my handset before then? Or, has anyone received your phone since they began saying by 11/16? It has been a week since I ordered my phone, and they are still promising by 11/16. Therefore, making me believe I may get it before that date. Otherwise, they would change the date to more closely represent Apples 3-4 week shipping date.

P.S. If there is a thread already pertaining to these questions, a simple link would be appreciated. I searched for a good 15 minutes and could not find a relating thread.

tydro456#AC

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I totally would, but I am currently 3 hours away from the closest retail location. I live only 25-30 minutes away from the New Orleans(really Metairie) location, yet I go to school in Florida. So, that is not an option.

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
This is a case of under promise over deliver. I work in retail and those are words to live by. I tried to pick one up at my apple store and they had none available so I'm also on the same list..

eternal76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon ship date said "By 11/2" when I ordered on Oct 15th. I don't know when it changed, but at some point I started to notice that instead of the "By", it had changed to "Expected Ship Date 11/2", and that's the date it actually shipped on.

BHMartin

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I ordered 3 iPhone 5s from Apple.com on October 14. Said 3-4 weeks and will deliver between Nov. 14-20. Received an email this morning saying the phones would be delivered on Thursday, November 8. Me very happy.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
If the verizonwireless.com site says delivered by, I would think you would get it by the 16th. I pre-ordered mine early enough to get it on the 21st, but that may have been a "delivery date" just for that first round. Let me know what happens. I need to port over another line on 11/25, so I'm curious if that date means delivered by or shipped on.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So, they put by 11/16 just to save themselves if someone received it before another person on the same list I suppose.

That's the absolute last day that your phone will ship by. I had a 11/something ship date on my 4s last year and I got it a few days before Halloween. The date just means your phone will ship to you before or exactly on the 16th.

- - - Updated - - -

Im hoping the ship dates are worse case scenario.

They are.

10chars

Im Just dRe

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I ordered 3 iPhone 5s from Apple.com on October 14. Said 3-4 weeks and will deliver between Nov. 14-20. Received an email this morning saying the phones would be delivered on Thursday, November 8. Me very happy.

Aren't you lucky I ordered 2 iPhones on October 19th with 3 to 4 week wait and delivers between November 20th-27th your lucky your getting it early.. It still says processing

tydro456#AC

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Just an update, by the way thanks for all the replies, you guys were right my phone just shipped today. I will be getting it on Monday 11/12

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Order said "Ship by 11/16", got shipment notification yesterday (Wednesday), phone delivers tomorrow (Friday).

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys (and maybe girls) start posting WHERE you ordered your phone from! Makes a big difference considering there's all different stock levels between carriers and Apple.

IttyBittyLiz

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my phone (Verizon Store) on the 27 it said it would ship by Nov 16 I keep checking and finally today I received a tracking number and expected ship date is Nov 7 which was yesterday. It takes Verizon (website) a while to update their shipping status. I'm looking to get my phone by mid week next week hopefully. So yeah there is a chance you may get your phone before the 16 or it will ship before the 16.