Verdict: I kinda hate the new Apple TV but this one feature keeps me using it

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not perfect, but much better. Siri alone is worth it IMO

I have the old remote too and the new one is finicky but definitely better.

It didn't work on Netflix, but on movies bought from the iTunes Store they wouldn't scrub unless I paused. Mentioned that before but tried it again.

JeffPerrin

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll add that scrubbing actually works great with Netflix on ATV 4, whereas it was a (literal) show-stopping disaster on any previous version.

mrcobra92

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I'll add that scrubbing actually works great with Netflix on ATV 4, whereas it was a (literal) show-stopping disaster on any previous version.

I agree that scrubbing works well with Netflix most of the time, but in some cases, it can actually lock Netflix up entirely for me. Not sure why, but it is very very annoying.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
.... because the buttons are more centralized, it makes it really easy to pick up the remote backwards. You think you're holding it the right way, but it turns out your not so you start hitting the wrong buttons or swiping on the wrong end of the remote.

The iRubberband for AppleTV

CWIbWX6UwAEpdm9.jpg

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The iRubberband for AppleTV

I've seen that, or tape. The Griffin case I mentioned helps with orientation, too as the bottom part is covered. Makes it a bit easier to hold, and gives it drop protection (for the glass portion, particularly) which is good with kids around :)

benmeyer78

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Love the fast scrubbing so much. Was confused why it stopped working after the recent update until I learned you have to pause it first. I like that though, not accidentally fast forwarding anymore

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Love the fast scrubbing so much. Was confused why it stopped working after the recent update until I learned you have to pause it first. I like that though, not accidentally fast forwarding anymore

Yeah, it was a bit touchy before. I was thinking about this change in an earlier post, must have read about it being in beta :)

CrackBerry Kevin

Aug 30, 2007
www.crackberry.com
Yep, looks like after this update you now click to pause, then fast scrub, which is great. Clearly we were spot on our criticisms of just how touchy it was.

Now I just need them to make the next episode of a show autoplay (when you buy a season pass). Just binge watched the first season of How To Get Away with Murder on Netflix. Had to buy Season 2 on iTunes. It's sooo painful having to go back and select the next episode to watch. You'd think it would be smarter than that and give you the option to play the next one (unless this is an option I've just never turned on? You'd think it would be automatic).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro