using windex on aluminum backing

donnak316

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
hello...i am new here and have a question..i have an iphone 7 plus in gold and i recently sprayed some windex on a micro fiber cloth and used it to clean the aluminum backing of my phone..is that ok? or will it do damage in the long run ? i know not to use windex on the screen but i couldnt find anything about the backing on google

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you asking if it’s okay to use Windex on aluminum-backed phone or tablet? Using chemicals on your devices is never a good idea.

donnak316

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
iphone..i have a gold 7 plus...the micro fiber cloth was damp not soaked...it got the backing nice and clean im just worried about long term damage..will it fade the color?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
iphone..i have a gold 7 plus...the micro fiber cloth was damp not soaked...it got the backing nice and clean im just worried about long term damage..will it fade the color?

I’m sure there are no long-term effects from using Windex one time. Just don’t keep doing it.

donnak316

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
i only did it once..i just bought the phone 2 days ago but when i was taking off the protective plastic it ships with there was some dirt underneath and i wanted to clean it before putting on a case..it will stay in the case from now on...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
hello...i am new here and have a question..i have an iphone 7 plus in gold and i recently sprayed some windex on a micro fiber cloth and used it to clean the aluminum backing of my phone..is that ok? or will it do damage in the long run ? i know not to use windex on the screen but i couldnt find anything about the backing on google

Here you go..... https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207123

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I’ve used Whoosh several times. It comes with a nice microfiber cloth and it does a great job of cleaning my entire phone.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know how you guys can roll with a naked phone. Especially when they’re so expensive. Got this thing covered like it’s made of glass.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I make my own cleaner. A small hand held size travel spray bottle filled 1/2 water and 1/2 white vinegar. A few fine sprits wiped down with a clean cloth of any kind does the trick

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know how you guys can roll with a naked phone. Especially when they’re so expensive. Got this thing covered like it’s made of glass.

My phone is not naked. Its in a case but keep the screen clean and occasionally wipe the entire phone down.

donnak316

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
my phone is not naked neither..it is in a silicone case and i have a screen protector on it...i had ised windex on the aluminum backing because i had something sticky on the back and i couldnt get it off with just a damp microfober cloth so i ended up cleaning the entire backing with the windex..it looks nice and shiny i was just worried about long term damage

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I was just confused how you can get your phone dirty enough to require a cleaner when there’s a case and screen protector on it. I’ve had to wipe it with some water when it’s been in the case for a long period of time, but that was because of a collection of dust and lint.

donnak316

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
I dont know what happened..it came shipped out of the box like that...when i took off the protective film that covers the phone there was a big sticky spot on the back of the phone

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Back when I had my 5s, I had dust get inside my Otterbox Defender all the time. I would remove the case about once a month, and give it a thorough clean. I decided to use other cases with my 6s and now my 8 Plus. I don't get as much dust, but I do like to clean it from time to time.

There is another device called Phone Soap that I've been intrigued by for some time. I just don't want to pay that kind of money for something to clean my phone when Whoosh does a really good job! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro