Using Teams on an iPad

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone here used the Microsoft Teams App for iOS ? I would be very grateful for any information on personal experiences using it from an email link.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Any specific information you’re looking for? I use it all the time on my iPhone and it works pretty well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone here used the Microsoft Teams App for iOS ? I would be very grateful for any information on personal experiences using it from an email link.

I use Teams with certain clients quite a bit, but I don’t think I’ve tried it on an iOS device to this Point. I would assume it would initiate the Team app like it does with Zoom when you click on the meeting link from an email or a calendar event, but I can’t say for certain.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I use Teams with certain clients quite a bit, but I don’t think I’ve tried it on an iOS device to this Point. I would assume it would initiate the Team app like it does with Zoom when you click on the meeting link from an email or a calendar event, but I can’t say for certain.

Thank you, Just_M_D. Do you use it on a Mac or laptop? I am taking my MacBook in for repair tomorrow, so probably won’t be able to use that. Just wondering about getting a cheap laptop to tide me over this very important session

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, Just_M_D. Do you use it on a Mac or laptop? I am taking my MacBook in for repair tomorrow, so probably won’t be able to use that. Just wondering about getting a cheap laptop to tide me over this very important session

I use it my Work-issues MacBook Air. Later today, I’m going to install Teams on my iPad Pro and then click on a previous link from a Calendar invite to see if it auto-opens the app. I’ll let you know the results at that time.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Any specific information you’re looking for? I use it all the time on my iPhone and it works pretty well.

Thank you, Lee_Bo. i have to attend a meeting in a week's time as an attendee. My details are registered with the Company holding the meeting, but I don’t have an account with Microsoft Teams. I do, however, have a Hotmail account. My question was whether the App would simply open on tapping the link without my typing anything into it.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
[mention]Mars20 [/mention] I think you should be able to test beforehand. Normally, Teams has a guest mode, but since I have a full Teams account, I can’t test it out.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Thank you, Lee_Bo. i have to attend a meeting in a week's time as an attendee. My details are registered with the Company holding the meeting, but I don’t have an account with Microsoft Teams. I do, however, have a Hotmail account. My question was whether the App would simply open on tapping the link without my typing anything into it.

You will be able to attend the meeting without a Teams account. You may not have all features available (like video) but you will be able to hear. More like a conference call.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

As long as you have the meeting link, you will be able to attend the meeting without an account by just clicking the link. You will be able to use video if desired.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That would be great! Thank you very much.

As promised, I did install the Microsoft Teams app on my iPad Pro and I did click on a teams link from a calendar event. Clicking on the link did indeed fire up the Teams app even though I have an account, I was still able to join as a guest.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
As promised, I did install the Microsoft Teams app on my iPad Pro and I did click on a teams link from a calendar event. Clicking on the link did indeed fire up the Teams app even though I have an account, I was still able to join as a guest.

[FONT=&quot]That is really kind of you. In the meantime I tried clicking the link and got as far as the point where I would put my name in.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So I feel somewhat reassured that that this will all work on the day! I am very grateful for your help.[/FONT]

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]That is really kind of you. In the meantime I tried clicking the link and got as far as the point where I would put my name in.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So I feel somewhat reassured that that this will all work on the day! I am very grateful for your help.[/FONT]

You’re very welcome...:)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I use Teams on my iPhone 11 Pro when I’m out and about, during the work day. I’m able to chat with my team, access files, & connect to meetings that are setup in Teams. It’s really convenient! I personally like the iOS app over the windows desktop app because the windows app lags sometimes. To avoid lag, I’ll open Teams in my browser. It works very well.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I use Teams on my iPhone 11 Pro when I’m out and about, during the work day. I’m able to chat with my team, access files, & connect to meetings that are setup in Teams. It’s really convenient! I personally like the iOS app over the windows desktop app because the windows app lags sometimes. To avoid lag, I’ll open Teams in my browser. It works very well.

Thanks very much, Nikki! That is reassuring.