Using Iphone with VR or Metaverse ???

Panda BigHouse

Feb 9, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

Am new to this forum and looking at this VR and Metaverse topic, it seems to be outdated for awhile.....

Just wondering if anyone is using their iphone to connect to VR or Metaverse in 2022 ???

The term metaverse seems to be very trending in 2022 lately.....

I know nothing on VR or metaverse..... tot someone can share with me on where to start to begin with....

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Someone else more in the know can correct me on this, however, I don’t believe the metaverse exists. It is a term and idea made popular by Facebook..I mean Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg. The idea is like going online with an iphone or Mac except now it’s with Virtual Reality goggles that visually and audibly represent everything and everyone in a giant animated internet. If you were asking your question in the metaverse and I was also in it, we’d be face to face as two dopey animations. But The closest “Metaverse” that exists that I know of is VR online role play game where others are in the game too.

Understanding:
VR is virtual really. Everything you see through VR is the result of an application/software and high def screens in the goggles right near your eyes.
AR is alternate reality where objects etc can be interested in the view of your real world. You can insert objects into the iPhone camera view, and will supposedly be possible in Apple Glasses (able to insert objects/images into your view of the physical/real world).

For full disclosure and IMHO.
1, wait for Apple to introduce AR and VR. It may be this year or maybe not. Apple isn’t pure sainthood but the chances of getting something useful from this product is highest with Apple.
2, IMHO the metaverse is a business and marketing ploy that’s pitched reality is dubious. But if This dubious reality becomes real, it will be harmful for far too many humans.

My own advice, let’s see what Apple releases for AR and VR. Until then stay completely in the real world. ������

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Am new to this forum and looking at this VR and Metaverse topic, it seems to be outdated for awhile.....

Just wondering if anyone is using their iphone to connect to VR or Metaverse in 2022 ???

The term metaverse seems to be very trending in 2022 lately.....

I know nothing on VR or metaverse..... tot someone can share with me on where to start to begin with....

In addition to what Up_And_Away has already stated, you might want to read the iMore Blog article found via the following link.

https://www.imore.com/gurman-apple-not-building-metaverse

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro