Using iphone 3g without a data plan (just a normal dumbphone plan)

zaq1xsw2cde3

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying my friends old iphone 3g 8gb from him but I dont want to pay for a data plan. My old phone has a normal family plan and can only call. Is there any way to put my old phone's sim card into this iphone and not pay for a data plan? Can I still use the wifi? Any help and instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying my friends old iphone 3g 8gb from him but I dont want to pay for a data plan. My old phone has a normal family plan and can only call. Is there any way to put my old phone's sim card into this iphone and not pay for a data plan? Can I still use the wifi? Any help and instructions would be greatly appreciated.

What you suggest will work perfectly... until your wireless carrier catches you and adds a data plan to your account for you... The only way around it is to turn off cellular... effectively making your 3G a wifi-only iPod touch...

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If its AT&T, once u put ur sim card in the phone it will register that it's an iPhone, even if u turn off cellular data. U may get away with it for a little while but it will get added.

phix95

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a jailbroken 3g--I can use my Tmobile SIM with it, NO data plan, just WIFI and it works fine. I don't know about other carriers.

phix95

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile and AT&T are 2 different companies. OP has AT&T

I stated "I don't know about other carriers." which means I know there are diff. companies. That's why I made sure to differentiate. And I did not realize he had att. I now saw it in his 2nd post.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices