Using a lit more data with the iPhone 5 vs 4S

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been on this iPhone 5 for almost a month and is it just me or is my data usage nearly doubled?

I'm on wifi 75% of the day so I can't figure out what the increase on data usage is from....

ibanana

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine went up quite a bit, but its weird I haven't gotten the you're bad you've gone over 3.5 GB text. Last month my phone said I had used over 10 GB...thats insane. I however don't ever use wifi. When I look at my account via the AT&T app it says Ive only used like 3.4 GB, so I am guessing the phones are still not corrected.

AJ1887

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My cycle started on November 22nd and from then till now my phone is telling me I've used over 2 gigs, but when I called AT&T they are telling me I've only used 190 megabytes...so I'm not sure what's going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cokomodo

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I am with Rogers Canada and have had an iPhone with them in all the years that they have supported it.
I have never paid much attention to weather I am on wifi or not.

In this past month I have just exceeded 6.0 Gb of data.
I am not sure how this is possible.
I called Rogers to ask them what time of day this is occurring and on what dates, so see if this is a problem of the iCloud backup process.
But it is occurring during day time hours and is unrelated to the iCloud backup services. I backup to iCloud at night while sleeping.

On Safari, I see the little wheel spinning and spinning even after the website is fully loaded so i wonder if tis a problem with Safari. I guess it could be some other app on my device updating but I am guessing that this is some kind of problem with iOS6 and Safari.

I don't stream videos and my usage hasn't changed in 4-5 yrs.

I am hoping others will look at their data usage so we can identify and correct this problem.

Beginning to feel afraid to use this device.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine was astronomically high in the first month of use...3 times over my 4GB limit to be specific (for a total of 7GB of data usage for the month). I thought this to be impossible, especially since in the second cycle of usage, i didn't even hit my 4GB max and used it about the same. I called AT&T a dozen times and got the run around or the "Tough Sh*t" response from them, explaining that they can only go by what the computer tells them, and it said i used that much so i must have.

Finally one day i went online and chatted with a rep and explained the situation and asked them to check out my current cycle usage...they did and noticed the drastic difference, they waived the first months overage fees and assured me that any issues that existed that caused excessive data usage was remedied. I've had no issue since, and this cycle I'm using only a hair higher than normal (because of the holidays and people messing with my phone, lol).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox